Suggestions for before you go

ottawa24

WE are just back from the Mexican Riviera and thought I would share a couple of suggestions that would have helped us.

First use cash. We arranged all our own tours once we were off the ship and found EVERYONE would accept only cash .

Regarding Stone beach, it was a lovely day and we spent the day with Rudy his place is just before you come to Victors. He arranged horseback riding, banana boating, and ATV's and we would recommend him. Food was o.k. not great. Bathrooms were o.k. We used the $2. roundtrip water taxi, and I was concerned as to how they would pick us up, but they seem to watch the dock and come for you. Once you get off the taxi it is quite a walk but the water was warm and we had great waves. It is not fancy, far more run down then I had expected, but especially if you have children it was a good place. We had to use cash with Rudy as well.

My other suggestion is to note the number on any taxi you use and ask for a card or name if possible. I left my camera in the taxi and they told me had I known the # or name they might have been able to help me. So if you see a yellow cab in Puerto Vallarta and he's using a "pink" sony camera it's MINE. The worst of it is I had not downloaded pics since before Christmas, so I guess there is a leson there:(

Other then the camera loss it was a great trip and we look forward to going again.

Archived