ANAHEIM California hotels???

ciship

We need a clean, safe hotel to stay for the day and to store our luggage while we wait for transportation back home after our cruise. We chose Anaheim to waste the time away in. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a hotel near Disney? Something under $100.

Thanks much!

question: if you are flying out of California the same day as your cruise returns, I wouldn't necessarily suggest Disneyland as a place to go and visit.

If your cruise comes in and out of San Pedro/Long Beach, then its approximately a 30-45 drive on a good day without any traffic from San Pedro/Long Beach to Anaheim.

Since you say you are going to Anaheim I am assuming that you're going to Disneyland. Keep in mind that Disneylands busiest days of the week are Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The least crowded day of the week is Tuesday. (I used to work at Disneyland, that's how I know this). Anyhow, if you are only going to be flying out that night, Disneyland would probably be too crowded for you to want to visit for just a few hours. At peak times, the wait for the most popular attractions is 2+ hours. Even for minor attractions the wait can be 1+ hours. You can literally be at Disneyland all day long and have only gotten on a handful of the rides. And thats not even considering that the price of tickets these days is almost $50 per person for an adult. There are much better and cheaper ways to spend your day after your cruise.

I understand if you've never been to Anaheim before and would like to take kids to Disneyland. But the money you're going to spend is just not worth the aggravation. Disneyland would be much better enjoyed if you took a separate trip out here at another time and spent 2-3 days inside Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure.

Oh no......we know we can't go to Disneyland in that short amount of time, but I know that area better than any other part of California and it is near the Fullerton Train station as well.....so, that is my only reason for going to Anaheim.

If so, why not get a hotel room in Fullerton instead. There is one, the Anaheim Park Hotel, in between the Amtrak Station and Disneyland. Look it up on Expedia, they list hotels starting at $65/night. You could probably ask them to store your luggage until check in, then just use the room to freshen up before your departure. You would have to call them to inquire about day rates, no knowledge of hotels doing that, but you never know.

If you are renting a car, why not go to the Nixon Library instead? It's a lovely place to visit, nowhere near the crowds and hassle of D-Land and not terribly far from Fullerton. Perhaps the hotel has some info regarding this or other options.

Sorry, re-read your post, you are sailing into Long Beach, right next to San Pedro.

Well, I spent a few months trying to get someone to respond to me about Fullerton hotels near the Fullerton Amtrak station, but I never got any response except to say that there was nothing in Fullerton OR the responders were thinking I meant the Anaheim Amtrak station instead of the Fullerton Amtrak station.

I have checked some reviews on the Anaheim Park hotel, but they are mostly unfavorable. Any others you would suggest in Fullerton?

Excuse me ciship...I did respond to your request...I did understand that you were asking about a hotel in Fullerton...as I said I know of a nice Marriott in Fullerton but YOU would need to find out the location of the Fullerton train station in regards to the Marriott....that I was not sure of. But I could highly rec the Ayres Hotel in Anahiem because I have stayed there many times and it is very close to Anahiem station, if that would work for you...and they have a shuttle to Disneyland if you need it.

Did I waste my time the first time I responed to you?

Excuse me ciship...I did respond to your request...I did understand that you were asking about a hotel in Fullerton...as I said I know of a nice Marriott in Fullerton but YOU would need to find out the location of the Fullerton train station in regards to the Marriott....that I was not sure of. But I could highly rec the Ayres Hotel in Anahiem because I have stayed there many times and it is very close to Anahiem station, if that would work for you...and they have a shuttle to Disneyland if you need it.

Did I waste my time the first time I responed to you?

Found a Sheraton in Fullerton, not a Marriott. Called the Fullerton Amtrak station, can't get a LIVE person...only recordings. We have tried to reach them at different times throughout the day...no luck..always a recording! I do remember your recommendation of the Ayers now (on another thread a long time ago it seems) and I did check it out on several websites. Sorry, I am human and I quite often forget things at this age. No need for nastiness on your part or any flipant remarks. Did you waste your time adding your comments? No, not back then when I was involved in that other thread. I did my checking from your offerings....at that time. There are a lot of horrendous things going on this world for us to be truly upset about. Kindness is key!

http://www.ayreshotels.com/anaheim/

https://marriott.com/search/citySearchResults.mi?page=1

Call Hotel to inquire about distance to Fullerton train station.

No nastiness intended.....just a repeat of information for you...and here's more.

Hope it helps.

Oh fantastic!! Thanks for the help.....again!

ciship

• 4 weeks later...

It seems the best deal on hotels is in the Anaheim area. Would rather be near to LAX but the hotels are more. We need to accomadate 8 people. The Islander Inn and Suites have a 4 bed 2 room suite for $88. Can't beat that. Any suite in the LAX area to do 8 people? Is it worth renting a car and driving in to do Sunset, Hollywood, Santa Monica Pier?

You are a long way from LAX in Anaheim. If you are flying in and out of John Wayne Orange County airport, I could understand staying there, but why not try someplace closer to LAX?? There are many inexpensive hotels around the airport...you don't have to stay at the beach (where it is more expensive). How do you plan to travel from Anaheim to LAX? If you are taking a shuttle or cab you could easily eat up any savings from a hotel so far away.

Any Suggestions In Hotels? Too Many Places To Look For A Deal. We Plan On Renting A Van For The Two Days And Driving Around. Our Full Day Will Be On A Sunday So We Need To Find What To Do On An Sunday, Beach, Pier, Sunset, Walk Of Fame, Hollywood Sign? Any Suggestions?

splinter is right, the trip from Anaheim to LAX is a far one. and probably not worth the savings you're getting by staying in Anaheim as opposed to LA. and its really not worth it if you aren't going to be visiting Disneyland.

i am surprised to hear you say that a hotel near LAX is expensive. it shouldn't be that expensive. but if it is, you can look for hotels in Marina Del Rey or Venice, they might be a little bit better. the atmosphere is better in those areas as well.

as for thoughts on what you could do... hm...

a fun thing to do, that almost any one of any age would enjoy would be to go to the Santa Monica Pier/Third Street Promenade. The two are only a few blocks walk from one another. The Pier is a nice place to walk on the weekends. Unless you're here in the middle of summer, it shouldn't be too crowded. If you have kids, they will like it as there is a mini amusement park at the end of the pier. You don't want to go swimming in the ocean though as the water is cold! Then walk a few blocks over to Third Street Promenade. It's an outdoor approximately 5 block long shopping promenade. Great people watching. Some nice places to eat and shop.

Another shopping outdoor people watching place is to go to The Grove/Farmer's Market on Fairfax and 3rd Street. Its a new (approx 3-4) year old outdoor shopping center with a really nice fountain and a trolley that goes around the Grove. Its also right next door to the historic Farmer's Market. You can often find celebrities down there shopping and eating at all the wonderful little stands.

hope this info helps...

The hotel by Anaheim for the Islander is $88. for accomendation for 8. The hotels by LAX we would need 2 rooms at 70 to 90 a night. Is there any rooms that have ability to have 8 in a room like those by Disney?

Are you sure it is 8 in a room? This hotel has 2 bedroom suites listed, one queen bed and 2 double beds, still that would only sleep 6. But, I have to agree with Splinter, if you want to see sights in Los Angeles, Anaheim is quite a drive. If you are flying into LAX, find a hotel closer to there, many are fairly inexpensive in the airport area. If you are interested in Disneyland, the location is very close, I haven't driven by there (this hotel) in a while, but it was a pretty bad area last time I was by there. I'm hoping they have cleaned it up, but some of the neighborhoods surrounding Disneyland have a lot of crime and vagrancy.

I'm still trying to understand why anyone would want to sleep 8 in the same hotel room, I'm hoping there is more than one bathroom. If not, you won't have time to do any sightseeing at all by the time everyone finishes getting ready for the day. Try a search again, with only 4 to a room, you may have better luck and find something more within your budget.

Yes, I'm sure. They have 2 rooms, one or two bathroom suites. It has 2 double beds in each room. The price is $88. The hotel around LAX are searched with only 4 in a room and are around $80. each which would be 160. per night. What Hotels come up on Priceline in the LAX area, how many stars and amenties. Maybe that would be a choice?

Archived