First Timers on Legend - advice please

I just returned from two weeks on the Spirit. THey were no formal nights on the cruise.

Yes we know,

The cruise length has to be 8 days or over to get a formal evening and it can't be a series of seven day trips linked together,very disappointed that Seabourn do not keep up the dress code on the smaller ships like most Seabourners want.

Yes we know,

The cruise length has to be 8 days or over to get a formal evening and it can't be a series of seven day trips linked together,very disappointed that Seabourn do not keep up the dress code on the smaller ships like most Seabourners want.

Or, at least, most Seabourners who use Cruise Critic.:D

Do we have any evidence that most Seabourn cruisers do feel that way?

[quote=Roxburgh;24507738

Do we have any evidence that most Seabourn cruisers do feel that way?

I speak to quit a few who regularly travel with Seabourn and those that prefer the smaller ships seem to want the formal nights,ofcourse the newer ships are targeting a different crowd.

We'll be SB first timers on the Sojourn in December- 10 day. I'll have lots of questions as it draws closer, but from comments on this thread re dress code on SB new larger ships vs. the smaller ones, I'm wondering already if there will be no formal nights on Sojourn? My DH loves formal nights and wearing his tux and also jacket on country club casual nights and I enjoy keeping the traditions of cruising that the mass market lines have dropped. The "it's my cruise and I'll wear what I want" attitude is not our style. What can we expect on the new ship?

We'll be SB first timers on the Sojourn in December- 10 day. I'll have lots of questions as it draws closer, but from comments on this thread re dress code on SB new larger ships vs. the smaller ones, I'm wondering already if there will be no formal nights on Sojourn? My DH loves formal nights and wearing his tux and also jacket on country club casual nights and I enjoy keeping the traditions of cruising that the mass market lines have dropped. The "it's my cruise and I'll wear what I want" attitude is not our style. What can we expect on the new ship?

There are only formal nights if the cruise length is eight days or more and a combination of seven day cruises does not count.

If as you say,your trip is for ten days then you will have at least one formal night.

Thanks, lord of the seas. I saw that on your other posts, but then there was just enough other comments about the newer ships "targeting a different crowd" and the smaller ship pax wanting formal nights that made me perk up that there might be changes to what we expect from the SB style of cruise.

Archived