Snorkeling in Nassau

labtech

We are doing the catamaran and beach excursion thru Carnival....one friend and I are not ver good swimmers. We were wondering if anyone has done this excursion and just how deep was the water. Are life jackets the norm for insecure swimmers like us?????

I did this excursion and LOVED it! I seem to remember life jackets being a requirement for everyone. I don't recall how deep the water was but I do remember that there were kids in our group so you should be just fine with your swimming skills.

EVERYBODY has to wear the life jacket. You blow them up...Now it's up to YOU how much you want to blow them up. If you're a good swimmer and you plan on diving...you can choose not to blow them up at all. If you're a not so good swimmer you may blow them up more. But don't blow them up all the way or you may find yourself floating looking at the sun rather than the fish.

I saw olympians as well as people who barely swim do fine. It's a lot easier than it looks.

I did this excursion in January---perfect for beginners! You will love it! Yes, it's a type of inflatable flotation device. They also give you fins and snorkeling gear. We three girls (all 50-ish) had no trouble. The water isn't terribly deep and you don't have to get too far from the boat if you aren't comfortable doing so.

Archived