Queen Mary 2 Independence Day Cruise

bobby1119

I have always thought that regardless of whether we live on the east or west of the pond, we ought to celebrate July 4th. I understand that some celebrate this date as Independence Day, personally I always regard it as Thanksgiving!! :)

Hi Capn P :):D

This thread has me wondering about another slightly bizzare formal night. On my 7 day Norway cruise on QM2 the last night prior to disembarkation is also listed as formal. I had never seen this before until now. However, this maybe because there are only 2 sea days and 2 formals.

Denise

This thread has me wondering about another slightly bizzare formal night. On my 7 day Norway cruise on QM2 the last night prior to disembarkation is also listed as formal. I had never seen this before until now. However, this maybe because there are only 2 sea days and 2 formals.

Denise

Hey Denise, just noticed you'll be sailing soon :) Hope you have a wonderful voyage.

Enjoy!

Salacia

Denise

Denise, I did this trip two years ago and the last night was not formal. With all the packing of luggage there is no real way that it could be, is there?

• 1 month later...
I'm wondering why there wasn't any feed back from the passengers that were on this trip.

How was the service?

Did you see any of the fireworks in Boston? Was it to far to see any?

I was on this cruise. I enjoyed our Queens Grill stateroom and the service provided by our butler and his assistant. Truly gracious.

The Queens Grill dining room, too, was wonderful. The cuisine was very good, but not as good as Todd English or any land-based top notch restaurant in New York. The service, however, was flawless, and all of our requests for off the menu items were encouraged and fulfilled happily. Our wine sommelier Fernando was superb.

Halifax was pleasant. Enjoyed the Maritime Museum and the Titanic cemetery. Boston was a zoo on the 4th - hot, mobbed, etc. We were ashore for two hours and then returned to the ship. In the evening we were able to see the fireworks from the 11 Deck observation platform, albeit at a distance.

This was my 9th time on the ship. She looks great and is being well maintained. We overheard alot of complaining about service in Britannia. While we never took any meals in Kings Court, it was a zoo every time we passed through.

We attended a Bill Miller lecture which was not very well attended. We skipped everything else because we had seen it all before.

I hope someone at Cunard is paying attention to what is being said about other venues on the ship, especially Britannia and the blase attitude of many staff in the lounges, bars, etc. It is a big turn-off to first timers and a source of serious concern for loyal Cunarders like myself.

the blase attitude of many staff in the lounges, bars, etc. It is a big turn-off to first timers and a source of serious concern for loyal Cunarders like myself.

I would think that would be a huge turnoff. Possibly shorter cruise?? Obviously no excuse. Blase' to me is the ultimate in bad service. I'd rather have inexperienced mediocre service. :rolleyes:

Thanks Bobby for your response on this trip..

I was on the QE11 for a few July 4th trips and just loved it.

They had one July 4th 2000 and it was out of sight...Right in New York Harbor before all the security that are in place now...Really miss that ship...

Archived