Almost no Princess in Caribbean Summer 2011?

cdamion

Wow, that's odd. I wonder if Princess has conceded the summer family market to the mega ships and more family targeted lines. What few ships are left after Europe all appear to be in AK for 2011 - which is admittedly a huge market for Princess because of their cruisetour infrastructure.

I agree- One Star- we sailed on your sailing on the CB last year!All this hype makes you want to book early for next year on the CB!!!! I have 2 future cc's ready for that! We did the Explorer this year due to great price and inavailability of cabins on the CB after Feb!!! Lots of fun for the kids but that thing with RCL turning off the beverage dispensers all day is a turn off! Will look at July for next year, as we caught a bit of TS Colin on the way down to Bermuda this time! Also Grand Turk nicer that the RCl private island! TS Colin not fun!! Happy sailing!!!

It looks like for 2011 they are only going out of New York to the Caribbean. This has been the case every year we have been cruising except this year. I would guess it's based upon several factors, how well the ship is selling, weather conditions, etc.

It's a bit of a bummer as we enjoy sailing the Caribbean, and my wife is a teacher, so the summer would be a great time for us, but I'm guessing Princess knows there is more money in Alaska and Europe during the summer.

Mike

Archived