air connections madrid to barcelona....

so how much time do i need to get from the international terminal in madrid to the domestic terminal to get a flight to barcelona? when I started looking at air fares I thought prices were a little high, but all they have done is gone up! so, i am considering all my options. Flying from Birmingham (USA) to Barcelona, or Atlanta to Barcelona, or wherever I find fares that are less than what I paid for my cruise ticket!

Beverly

Beverly WHEN are you cruising??

IF it is not until Fall then wait, as summer sales are in swing now and Fall pricing is at its high. I am watching prices now for a September trip to Barcelona myself. Last year I found prices went down some at the end of May. I don't think they will go down as much but hopefully a little bit.

I don't know the answer to your Madrid airport question but hope you'll fly in one day before your cruise to have some breathing room.

Beverly,

It would depend what airline you are flying into Madrid and to Barcelona. It also will depend if your flight from Mad to Barcelona is on the same ticket as your US to Mad flight. If it is not on the same ticket you will have to claim your lugagge in Mad and check it in again to Barcelona. This will add to time needed. If you have to claim your bagagge and transfer terminals I would allow at least 3 hrs. And that is only if you are arriving the day before your cruise.

Archived