Not wanting to lose but tone

Hi everybody! Ok my situation is this, I'm 20 going on 21 next month and as you can see from my profile pic, losing weight is not something I want to do at the moment. My question is, how do I tone myself up (great calfs, a little definition in my abs, and a bigger butt), without losing any pounds? I am scared that exercise might make me thinner and I am happy with my size. I don't exercise now. My main workout routine, if any, is eat as much as I can, and sleep as much as I can lol. Also, if you know a great workout that will help me get those great legs, abs and butt by June 24th (my trip to Vegas), I would greatly appreciate it.

I started doing the " Lotte Berk" workout this week and I can really feel it. Her method targets the muscle groups in the targeted areas of the lower legs, thighs, abdomen and glutes. This is low impact conditioning that concentraces on the above mentioned muscle groups. Her DVD only takes a few minutes a day. You can do the entire workout or just do a specific muscle group. She has one DVD titled " High Round Assets" This is the one you would want for the round bottom. You may be able to find these at your local library or video rental store. This way you can try them out for a week or so to see if you like them.

Go to http://www.lotteberkmethod.com for more detailed info.

Another great DVD that shares the same concept is "Physique 57" I have not had any luck finding this one locally though.

Good Luck!

Hey,

Just my 2 cents but weight lifting is the only way to get definition, and it has to be as heavy as you can without hurting yourself.

Lunges are great for glutes (butt). Shoulder press, bicep curls, kickbacks are great for arms. Crunches for abs.

At your age you will see results VERY quickly, but unless you eat massive calories or take steriods, you WON'T get bulky, just toned.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Agree with above poster. You have to switch up to a higher protein diet, maybe something 40/20/30. Then lift heavy as you can with GOOD FORM. Perfect exercises for thighs and glutes are stiff legged or romanian deadlifts. Look those up they are the bread and butter for those muscle groups. Lunges are also good and dont require much weight.

Crunches and broom stick twists are good for abs, and a small pair of dumbells something along the 10-25 pound mark can work wonders for all types of tricep extensions, shoulder presses, and curls.

You can expect to gain weight but not any size by doing this successfully so dont let the scale deter you.

Archived