oops A1 info again and more help!

Hi all

After reading reviews I rang first choice today who we booked with and was told the A1 package is the same as it was stated when booked ie selection of cocktails she said they would not be able to change this as thats what we had paid for! has anybody any more news on this or do you think first choice are unaware of changes! We are on the destiny June 5th soooo excited now and then a week in Alcudia Platja d'or has anybody stayed at this hotel and is there anyone on this cruise?

Also on the Destiny and at day at sea do you find it difficult to get sunbed or do we need to get up early?

Also does anyone know what type of meals are in seven sea is it several choices like plain steak or chicken ect

Thanks

I asked for it in wrinting but no joy! but others are saying the new A1 just

applies to the dream!

I thought I had read from someone else on here who had been told by Thomson in Luton ( Head Office ) when they rang them that it applies to the Destiny also - Ask your agent to speak to them ( Thomson HO ) in your presence if you wish and get clarity rather than guesswork.

Found the post

"I have today spoken to Thomson Customer Service regarding our AI and according to them it definatly has changed,and basically tough luck! When I asked them when they(Thomson) were going to inform there customers I was told that it wasn't up to them but the Travel Agents I booked with which is..... Thomsons".

Hi all

After reading reviews I rang first choice today who we booked with and was told the A1 package is the same as it was stated when booked ie selection of cocktails she said they would not be able to change this as thats what we had paid for! has anybody any more news on this or do you think first choice are unaware of changes! We are on the destiny June 5th soooo excited now and then a week in Alcudia Platja d'or has anybody stayed at this hotel and is there anyone on this cruise?

Also on the Destiny and at day at sea do you find it difficult to get sunbed or do we need to get up early?

Also does anyone know what type of meals are in seven sea is it several choices like plain steak or chicken ect

Thanks

We are also on this cruise, but we are staying on board for the 2 weeks

Hi, We're sailing on the Destiny 5th of June doing a b2b 2 week cruise. This is the first I have heard about any change to the AI and if its true I shall NOT be very happy :mad: as we booked it July last year.

My parents are due to fly back this afternoon after a 9 day cruise on the Celebration and I have already asked them to "borrow" ;) a drinks menu that we can look at when they get home. If the AI has changed then hopefully it should state what is now included on the menu.

Its a shame I didn't read this thread whilst they were onboard because then they could have got the info straight from the horses mouth!

We've sailed on the Celebration, Spirit and Emerald but never the Destiny so looking forward to getting lost for a few days :)

Lets just hope that pesky ash cloud doesn't decide to move south !!!

Just found this and it is very interesting. Posted by Kruzeseeka on the "Red Sea on the Celebration" thread.

Its a copy of the letter given out to cruisers on the Dream last week

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=154513&d=1272570259

If this applies to all Thomson ships then its total pants! :mad:

Went into first choice again, they rang HO while I was there and they said the A1 is the same for the destiny as it always was no changes they said the changes was for the dream only! also got my tics woooo not long now! thanks for advice about hotel must be ok if your going back!

did u do the rome tour with thomson, if so was it really heavy going on legs lol im not old but not fit lol

For the Rome tour we just done the cheapest excursion. Basically got the coach from the ship to the Vatican, and then just done the sights by foot. The walk from the Vatican to the colosseum takes about 15 - 20 minutes, and about 10-15 minutes from the colosseum to the Trevi fountain. it was a pretty hard days walk, but I'm sure you could use public transport. On our coach, the tour guide was excellent and gave us maps and tips.

Archived