water bottle question

julba

We are taking water bottles (to fill up with free iced tea or lemonade on the ship) -- my question is... should we pack them in our large checked-in suitcase (on the jet) or in our carry-on? We will be staying at a hotel the night prior to the cruise. I was thinking... put them in the large suitcase for the flight and then take them out and put them in our carry on bags before getting on the ship. I'm afraid the ship may hold our luggage downstairs thinking perhaps we are trying to bring in bottles of booze (on x-ray). What do you think? Has anyone had this problem? These water bottles are large 24oz size... Thanks!

If you think you're going to want them right away, pack them in your carry on as you may not see your luggage for hours after you get on the ship. Actually, some of the embarkation terminals don't have water fountains, so you may want to fill them before you leave the hotel in case you're stuck in a long line in a hot building.

They had signs at the drink stations in the Windjammer that said filling water bottles was not allowed--I suppose for sanitary purposes. I don't know if this was enforced, though, I just used the water in our room and kept the bottles in the fridge.

They had signs at the drink stations in the Windjammer that said filling water bottles was not allowed--I suppose for sanitary purposes. I don't know if this was enforced, though, I just used the water in our room and kept the bottles in the fridge.

You can fill up your water bottle at the stations in the Windjamnmer, as long as you fill up a clean glass and then pour the water from the glass into the bottle. They don't want the mouth of your bottle touching the dispensing equipment - as you say, for sanitary reasons. They also don't want you to re-use glasses or mugs, for the same reason.

We always bring a couple bottles with us on the plane, empty of course thru security, fill up afterwards. Get one with a clip and just hang it on your backpack or carryon strap. Never had a problem thru security or anywhere filling up. We fill them with ice then whatever liquid is our fancy usually H20 or juice on the ship. Beats paying 5 bucks for a bottle as we disembark or more in port ;)

We are taking water bottles (to fill up with free iced tea or lemonade on the ship) -- my question is... should we pack them in our large checked-in suitcase (on the jet) or in our carry-on? We will be staying at a hotel the night prior to the cruise. I was thinking... put them in the large suitcase for the flight and then take them out and put them in our carry on bags before getting on the ship. I'm afraid the ship may hold our luggage downstairs thinking perhaps we are trying to bring in bottles of booze (on x-ray). What do you think? Has anyone had this problem? These water bottles are large 24oz size... Thanks!

Thanks... I understand. The plan is to fill up a glass first and then pour it into our bottles, so I doubt there would be a problem with that. Now, I just have to find myself a little portable mini dish soap... lol! This is our 4th cruise and we're getting smarter every time.

Can we take a filled water bottle off of the ship on the islands? I purchased really nice insultated bottles and was thinking of taking them to the beach...:cool:

Thanks... I understand. The plan is to fill up a glass first and then pour it into our bottles, so I doubt there would be a problem with that. Now, I just have to find myself a little portable mini dish soap... lol! This is our 4th cruise and we're getting smarter every time.

I found some dishwashing cloths at the dollar store: they are a thick j-cloth type material already soaked with soap and then dried. Use them once and throw them away, super easy!

As long as the bottles are empty on the plane, you can carry them onto the plane.

I thought I read recently that the airlines don't even allow you to take empty bottles. I couldn't understand the logic, but I'm sure I read that somewhere. Maybe a case of believing everything you read?

Archived