per person allowance question

We'll be sailing two adults two children in two cabins. Can we bring 4 or two bottles of wine in our carry on? what about soda? 1 12 pack or more? Just thinking....:confused:

.....if you are over 21, you can bring 1 bottle of wine or champagne. Now they just changed it to a "12-pack of non-alcoholic beverages" from "reasonable quantity".

From Carnival's FAQS page.

What is the Liquor and Beverage Policy?

What is the Liquor and Beverage Policy? A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

On embarkation day, guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages onboard, only in their carry-on luggage.

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to the guest’s stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

Large cooler restrictions:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its ships. However small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12”H x 12”L x 12”W for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process. Therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

Ports-of-Call:

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in any Port-of-Call will be retained at the gangway, stored on board and held by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Gift Shops On Board:

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in the ship's gift shop will be stored on board and be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Drinking Alcohol On Board:

The minimum age for the purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages in the bars, lounges and gift shops is 21 years of age. In the event that Bar/Restaurant/Gift Shop staff are in question that a guest is less than 21 years old, they shall request picture identification, prior to serving the drink or selling the bottle of liquor.

Carnival reserves the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone.

wasiii

You can bring on one 12-pack of nonalcoholic drinks per person - so you will be allowed 48 cans of pop or whatever and one bottle of wine per person age 21 and over.

Just to clarify, while the wine has to be brought on in carry on ( as in the past), the soda/water can be still be in checked luggage. It this correct?

I'd sure hate to lug 48 cans of soda or water around until the cabin was ready.

Just to clarify, while the wine has to be brought on in carry on ( as in the past), the soda/water can be still be in checked luggage. It this correct?

I'd sure hate to lug 48 cans of soda or water around until the cabin was ready.

No, it has to be brought as carry-on.

Thanks Don... I see that line in Wasiii's post. Just wanted to be sure. DW still thinks bottled water is a must! I'll tell her she's carrying it :D and see how far that goes:eek:

Just asking but has you dw tried the water on the ship. I personally find it just fine - and it is probably purer than bottled water. It is filtered upteen ways to Sunday and is really quite good. I just keep a couple of refillable bottles full in the fridge. I fill them at the station on the Lido. And yes, the water, pop, juice etc has to be in your carryon.

People are sending their water and soda with there lugguge everyday. And none of it is getting taken. I'm certainly not carrying water and soda for 3 onboard and lugging it all day til the room is ready.. I will pack it how I always have and enclose a copy of our boarding info showing it is for 3 people. It is getting checked but none taken. I will have it in an unlocked case so they are welcome to check it. But 36 soda's and a case of water I am not carting around..;)

Yes, you have to take your wine on with you and that I will do:D

Hmmm, in the carry-on.. Wondering if my carry-on would fit a 12 pack of soda and a 12 pack of bottled water..:rolleyes:

Do they have to be in the original case? I am thinking taking them out of the case and packing them loose would fit better... How big or small, oh wait, I know the answer, the carry-ons have to fit through the X-ray machine.. Is it safe to say the machine is the same size as the ones in the airports?

Hmmm, in the carry-on.. Wondering if my carry-on would fit a 12 pack of soda and a 12 pack of bottled water..:rolleyes:

Do they have to be in the original case? I am thinking taking them out of the case and packing them loose would fit better... How big or small, oh wait, I know the answer, the carry-ons have to fit through the X-ray machine.. Is it safe to say the machine is the same size as the ones in the airports?

Nothing says you can only have 1 carry on, just has to fit through the scanner. ;)

Me I'm bringing an empty drinking bottle that I will refill from the beverage stations. Easier for me, easier for Carnival, easier for the environment.

Me I'm bringing an empty drinking bottle that I will refill from the beverage stations. Easier for me, easier for Carnival, easier for the environment.

That's what we do, too, especially since you can only get the juice in the morning, and my kids like to drink that all day.

Nothing says you can only have 1 carry on, just has to fit through the scanner. ;)

Like an empty water bottle? I was looking into bringing on a warm/cold mug that I can put my drinks in.. I am assuming this is allowed?

Like an empty water bottle? I was looking into bringing on a warm/cold mug that I can put my drinks in.. I am assuming this is allowed?

Like a cyclist or runner would use. You can also bring insulated mugs, bubba mugs whatever.

We have stainless steel water bottles, which I worried they wouldn't allow, but they do, so I see no reason why they wouldn't allow a warm/cold mug. BTW, you can leave the ship with them filled, but they will make you empty them before returning onto the ship (at least that's what we were told!)

I'm just going to get a rolling carry on to pack the water in. No it doesn't have to be in the original boxes/cases, it can be loose. But it's suppose to be brought on through the carry on station, not through checked luggage.

I think I am bringing a few large thermal mugs, and a box of Crystal light, and maybe some of those french vanilla creamers, I saw them in individual powder packets...Only way I can drink the reg coffee on the ship....

I found the water on the ship very good...so no cases of water for me.

Just asking but has you dw tried the water on the ship. I personally find it just fine - and it is probably purer than bottled water. It is filtered upteen ways to Sunday and is really quite good. I just keep a couple of refillable bottles full in the fridge. I fill them at the station on the Lido. And yes, the water, pop, juice etc has to be in your carryon.

That's what I tell her...I just bring my sports bottle and fill it as needed. but to her it's "the taste". Oh well, it's a cruise...I'll make it fun:)

Archived