KIDS pool - Jewel vs Dawn

cruiser01

I am very confused. I have called NCL 3 times and each time am getting different answers. At first I was told that the kids pool on the Jewel was the same as the one on the Dawn (I was told this twice actually). Now, I am told that it is just a small little pool, nothing even comparable to the Dawn. And, when I look on NCL's deckplans, it also shows a small little kids pool.

Please any insight (and pictures!) you could provide would be appreciated!!!

There are actually 2 full size pools on the pool deck of the Jewel. One is for "Adults Only" and the other one which is the same size is for families. It has a large water slide leading into it with 2 hot tubs on each end. The Adult pool also has 2 hot tubs. There is also a very small area on the pool deck with a separate "toddler pool."

Hope this helps.

The Jewel has a family pool with the waterslides, but for littler kids it does not really have anything. The toddler pool is tiny and would only be fun for very little kids. For the 4-9 type crowd, the Jewel family pool may be too deep or the slides too big for comfort. Depends on the kid of course.

The Dawn, however, has a very nice kid's pool area complete with a small slide, a kid's hot tub, and some splash-park features, all in a great location at the Aft. I believe it has a dinosaur theme but I could be wrong as I was on the Star (sister ship) which has an outer-space theme.

In every other respect, I prefer the Jewel class to the Dawn class, but there is no doubt the Dawn has a better kid's pool.

I do not have photos but they are not too hard to find on-line.

We don't have kids but have been on the Dawn and the Jewel. The Jewel pool deck is very congested and has two pools as the other posts states. One is a bit smaller and for adults only and the other a little larger with a large slide.

The Dawn's children's pool is on the back of the ship on a different deck with stadium like seating, theme type pool and completly isolated from the main pool deck.

Not having children, we did prefer the Dawn to the Jewel as the ship is a bit smaller, a different lay out for the Blue Lagoon, a movie theatre and nice atrium area.

• 3 weeks later...
Are pool toys allowed in the family pool? 9yo dd is an ok swimmer but she can't tread water. Thanks!

Don't know for sure, but probably too small/too crowded to allow pool toys (I assume you mean like a blow-up tube since she can't tread water?).

I've been on both. If you have any children under 8 then there is no comparison, the Dawn pool is 100% better for younger kids. My daughter and her cousin had so much fun on the Dawn, it was great.

• 3 weeks later...

I took my 4yo on the Jewel in March. The kiddie pool was very small and only about 6" deep which was perfect for him. It is also underneath the deck above so it is totally shaded- also perfect.

He did enjoy the slide in the main pool-despite it being pretty large for a four year old. The main pool had an area near the slide that was like a shelf. The water here was pretty shallow and he liked to sit there and play also.

Our trip was loaded with "spring-breakers" so they pretty much kept to the hot tubs and adults only pool. Therefore my son was able to wear a life vest and use a blow up ring in the large pool-no one complained.(I'm trying to insert some of my pictures but am having "technical difficulties")

Does any one know if there are lounge chairs for adults by the kid's pool on the Dawn??

I think there may be some confusion between the "family pool" and the "toddler pool" on the Jewel and the "kids pool" on the Dawn.

On the Jewel there is an adult only pool, a family pool which is a larger pool with a water slide and a "todder pool" (see the pic in the post above). The toddler pool is very tiny. To me it would only appeal to kids under 4 or 5. The child must be potty trained to use it so it really has a very limited audience. It is located in an enclosed area off the main pool deck.

On the Dawn there is the main pool and then there is a "kids pool" on a rear deck. This is smaller than the family pool on Jewel but much larger than the toddler pool. There is a small slide (shaped like a dinasour I think). It would appeal to kids age 3-9 or so. It is MUCH MUCH nicer than the toddler pool on Jewel and more "kid oriented" than the family pool on Jewel. To me it was the only major perk of the Dawn over the Jewel/Gem/Pearl. I don't otherwise care for the layout of the Dawn.

Archived