Dream ai - hot off the press!

Have finally received this email from Thomson HO following todays meeting, the guy I spoke to acknowledged it had been handled badly & Thomsons had received far too amny complaints for things to continue as they were, here it is:

Thank you for contacting Thomson Cruise.

We have had an update from our head office which reads as follows –

‘We were trialling a new drinks package for the first few sailings, but this has now stopped with the package back to what it was before.'

We will re visit the package in the future but any changes will be communicated, existing customers considered and systems updated in line.

I hope this helps resolve the situation, thanks for your patience.

Kind regards

David Anthony

Cruise 'ContactUs' Team

Service Centre – Swansea

email contactus@thomson-cruises.com

Its AI - All Inclusive not A1???

On a brighter note its bloody good news not to be restricted. When i first read it i thought it was even more penny pinching from Thomsons.

Thanks for that Jo, but given everything that has gone on and how Thomsons have terated the passengers so far on Dream, I think it wise to wait until we have confirmation from the summer season cruisers on AI

Hi Jo and Rose and all,

In view of the changes just you make sure you drink some extra cocktails to make up for the ones we couldn't have.

Berwyn

Oh well, if you insist :D:D

In a reply to a Destiny review on the other forum someone says family are currently on the Dream and the drinks package HAS NOT changed to what it should be if the Thomsons email replies are to be believed. :confused:

In a reply to a Destiny review on the other forum someone says family are currently on the Dream and the drinks package HAS NOT changed to what it should be if the Thomsons email replies are to be believed. :confused:

Thomson will not change the package part way through a cruise - the stated change of AI package seems to have been only just announced after the last cruise started. Therefore any changes to the AI package for the first 3 cruises will be wef Tuesday 11th.

I have posted on the other forum too.........I spoke to Thomsons less than an hour ago and they said that the AI package was still limited to the cocktail of the day plus long island iced tea.........no change from what they told me.............I subsequently cancelled my AI and got a full refund of the £756 we paid....

Reading some of the posts on here has now left me totally confused.........

I agree that there is still a deal of uncertainty here. I had a response from the local Thomson TA and it appears that the information they had received from Thomson's HQ was that the AI package was still the revised and lesser package. They are following up again.

I have also emailed Thomson's HQ directly asking for clarification but am not surprised that they haven't, yet, responded.

I've just spoke to my Thomsons agent at home.

She said Head Office were still in talks about what to do about the package, but she said they've told her she should hear back from them today then she'll ring me.

update!!!

our thomsons agent rang me just after 2.p.m to say head office had been on.

the drinks package is back to what it should be.

head office are in the process now of sending letters to all passengers about it to reassure them. If we havent heard anything in 4 weeks we have to ring her again, but if the letter goes direct to the shop she'll be in touch

*does a cartwheel around the kitchen*

If I could cartwheel, I'd be joining you. Going to our TA tomorrow to pay balance with a happy heart!!!

Thanks for being so persistant and getting to find out the nitty gritty of what's happening. This, plus Berwyn's pix = Happy RosieB :):):):):)

Archived