LGA to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal pier 12

SeaUl8r

We will be flying into LGA bound for the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal (pier 12). We plan on calling Arecibo Car Service (718-783-6465) to get from the airport to the pier. (Thanks to advice from these boards)

I have a few questions:

Do we tip the driver $3 per bag, or just a flat rate of $10? (too cheap? too much?)

Will Arecibo stop at a store for us to pick up bottled water / wine? And more importantly will they know where there is a store near the pier?

When I flew into Fort Lauderdale last cruise I had printed instructions for the taxi driver so we could find the store easily. Will I need to be that prepared for this trip?

Thanks for anything you can tell me, Debby.

The customary tip for a taxi or car service driver is 15-20% of the fare, not an amount per bag.

You tip porters at the pier about $2 per bag.

Sorry, I can't answer your other question about buying water or wine.

Will Arecibo stop at a store for us to pick up bottled water / wine? And more importantly will they know where there is a store near the pier?

sure they will...and they normally charge for a stop. You need to stop at two different places since wine and water are not sold in the same store.

On Atlantic Avenue and Clinton Street is a key food for the water, and futher down(west on Atlantic) is heights chateau for the wine. Also at the Pathmark center at Hamilton Avenue and 6th street is both a super market and a liquor store. Any chain drugstore will also have water(many on Court Street)....

any liquor store on Court Street(there is one next to trader joes and CVS drugstore on the corner as well.)

all these are about a mile from the pier

Any Arecibo driver will know these.

There are also liquor stores on Van Brundt by the cruise terminal closer but not as good IMO.

Fairway will also have water

Sorry to all who posted here. I spaced out and forgot all about this post. As far as the price, I found out from these boards that they charge between $40 and $45. I have no idea how much extra it would be to stop for supplies.

Smeyer, thanks for responding. Great info! :D

Sorry to all who posted here. I spaced out and forgot all about this post. As far as the price, I found out from these boards that they charge between $40 and $45. I have no idea how much extra it would be to stop for supplies.

Smeyer, thanks for responding. Great info! :D

$5-10 for a stop. If you use a NY yellow cab, the charge is waiting time per minute which I think is about $24 per hour(.40 per minute).

did you actually call and get that rate? I though Arecibo charges closer to $30-35...but it may have gone up.

is jfk closer to brooklyn or further. thanks.

JFK is further from the Brooklyn cruise terrminal than LGA...but if you can get much lower airfare for JFK, it would probably be worth using that airport, as the difference is only about 10 miles.

is jfk closer to brooklyn or further. thanks.

as njhorseman says, LGA is closer. Both LGA(northwest corner) and JFK(souteast corner-but further away from the cruise terminal) are in Queens. Arecibo charges about $45 from JFK to the Brooklyn Cruise terminal. Depending on how the cab goes it can be up to $60. The shortest way takes the streets and will take 45 minutes. The longer way on the highway can take less time without traffic.

Archived