Serenade meal advice?

We were on the Serenade last March and going on her again next month. Last time we enjoyed both Chops and Portofino and I have them both booked again this time. Both were excellent and the service outstanding.

I was also on the Freedom and Mariner ships last year and did the Mystery Dinner on all three ships. The only one we really enjoyed was on the Serenade, so I booked it again this year. Part of the reason I liked it was they broke you into groups before the show started and you got to get to know your teammates well. We all had a great time at dinner. Hope our experience is as good this time, but for me it was worth every penny.

Both are good. We do not make a habit of going but do go every couple of cruises.

As for the Mystery Theater we went once and won't do it again. Over priced with a very limited menu. Try it you may enjoy it.

We just got off the Serenade last week. We ate in Portofino three times! We also tried Chops. Portofino was better hands down, even the filet mignon was better. Please ask for Asli from Turkey as your server. She was super; most personality I have ever seen in a waiter. In our party of four we had filet, lamb chops, shrimp and crab risoto, veal. All were superb. Tiramasu was wonderful. Our friends had the halibut in Chops and it was awful. My steak was overcooked. Even though we prepaid when we booked, the bill got screwed up and they chargred us again. It was fixed, but didn't need to happen. We cancelled our second night in Chops and went back to Portofino.

Archived