Jewel / Caribbean Princess

cw2go

Okay here are my options..

#1 is Jewel of the Sea's out of Boston

with 2 sea days.

#2 Caribbean Princess out of Jersey/New York

with one sea day and Newport as a stop.

#1 requires a flight and #2 is a long drive but overall the 2 cost equal.

So this is where I am stumped. I have cruised Celebrity, RCCL and Carnival but love and feel like RCCL is the perfect fit. With this itinerary we really see no need for 2 sea days and my husband lived in Newport many yrs while serving in the Navy, so that added a little bit of couriosity with the area.

I have read a bit on the Princess boards and cannot get a feel for how the lines compare. So in your experience is Newport a stop worth while and how do the cruiselines compare. I really only wanted to do a mansion tour and do the Cliffwalk but those are not that major to me. I just thought it might be better to stop than to have an extra day at sea, especially with colder temps.

Thanks in advance,

Patty

• 2 weeks later...

Itinerary is the #1 sorting factor, then followed by embark/disembark port, then by ship. I usually narrow down to a couple of choices. That being said, I really like the princess line. No everything is not always perfect, but feel that I get the most for my dollars spent.

I have not yet sailed on the Caribbean Princess, but am booked for September. But I have sailed on the Diamond and the Crown, along with the Jewel of the Seas. We too looked looked at both itineraries and decided on the Caribbean based on the itinerary.

We found Princess to be a great cruise experience and really enjoy it, espically on a port intensive cruise, there is not enough time to do all the ship activities. On a cruise where the trip is more sea orientated, the ship and activities are a little more important.

Good Luck with your choice, I am sure you will have a great time no matter which you choose. (A week cruising always beats a week at work, always...)

Archived