Stay on board in Cozumel??

Cozumel is the best stop on the Western route! The beaches are gorgeous, the snorkling is amazing and the food is wonderful!!!!:)

Because of that, yes, I would think that the ship would be rather empty.

Other than visiting with my friend who is working on the Carnival Triumph (lucked out to be in port the same day), we don't plan on doing any excursions in Cozumel or Costa Maya. We were in Cozumel and saw what we wanted to see then. We wanna see the ship this time.

I always get off in Cozumel because it's the best shopping port on the western route. I usually start at Los Cinco Soles and work my way back through town.

I grab a bite to eat at Cafe Denis ending with drinks and snacks at Carlos & Charlies then across the street to Margaritaville before going back to the ship.

Judy

I always get off in Cozumel because it's the best shopping port on the western route. I usually start at Los Cinco Soles and work my way back through town.

I grab a bite to eat at Cafe Denis ending with drinks and snacks at Carlos & Charlies then across the street to Margaritaville before going back to the ship.

Judy

Sounds like we do the same thing Judy.

Last time we were in Cozumel, we walked off the ship to the El Cid resort next door and bought a day pass. We stayed at the resort, swam at their beach and ate and drank as much as we wanted. We've been to Cozumel so many times, it was a great way to spend the day.

That sounds like a nice way to spend the day.

Can you walk to these places from the ship?

It's been years since I was on Coz. Used to be you could walk off the ship, down the pier, and there was C & C's across the street. I don't think that Margaritaville existed back then.

If you're ambitious, you could walk it, it's several miles from where the ship docks to town. The Oasis docks out at the International pier.

The cab ride is fairly inexpensive, less than $10. I always take a cab to Los Cinco Soles then walk back and get a cab from Margaritaville (across the street and down a bit from Carlos & Charlies).

Judy

We stayed on the ship last Thursday when it was in Cozumel. I'd say we were in the Solarium about 90% of the time so it's hard to say how empty the ship was, but the Solarium was fairly empty. Of course, as the day wears on and people come back from their excursions / shopping / etc. it started to fill up.

Several miles??? Dang. I really like to walk, but that's too much, even for me. Especially if it's warm/humid.

Cabs it will be. Or stay on the ship.

Thanks, all.

I think the El Cid is next to the International Pier. (Not the pier near Carlos n Charlies). If the International is not the pier near C & C , the El Cid is a three minute walk from the pier. They had reps. right at the pier selling the day passes.

Archived