"LIVE" From Explorer of the Seas / May 8, 2010

Good stuff Radio. About how long does it take to upload one picture on the ship's internet?

It depends on the speed of the connection. . . Now it is pretty fast. I usually U/L 12 pics at a time and it only takes about 4 minutes at 800X600.

Radio

;);)

I was very sad to leave Bermuda, and I want to come back soon. . .

We have a relaxing day at sea tomorrow. . .

I just returned from the Plat/ Diamond and D+ party, and the Captain suggested that we will arrive in Bayonne at 7AM on Thursday

Radio

We pull away slowly from the Kings Wharf Pier

TU1.JPG

I will miss the Beautiful Blue water in Bermuda

TU5.JPG

We slowly navigate the narrow channels to avoid the reefs

TU6.JPG

The activities staff offer a Sail Away Party with lots of music

TU4.JPG

We pass by Holland America’s Veendam (at anchor) as we pass near St. George’s Island. (The Passengers are being tendered into Pennos Wharf Pier, and she will dock in Hamilton on Wed. and Thurs)

TU8.JPG

Our last glimpse of Bermuda is St David’s Lighthouse in St. George’s Parish

TU12.JPG

Edited by Radio

Thanks Radio!! I cannot tell you how exciting it is to read your posts and look at your beautiful pictures!!

I will be on the Explorer celebrating my 41st b-day on 5/22 :D

Very Nice. . . Happy Birthday ! :rolleyes:

Radio

;);)

Most of the south shore beaches have those little lagoons here and there. I can't say for sure which ones he photographed, but if you look at the map of Horseshoe Bay beach, you can see that there are little lagoons just off both ends of the main beach.

Theron

It was the lagoon at Horseshoe Bay Beach. . . It was very calm and well protected from any wave action.

Great Job on the Maps page, Theron. . .:rolleyes:

Radio

;);)

It's always sad to sail away. Just think Radio, it won't be long until you are back on a ship again!

Thanks so much for taking us along with you.

Cheryl

Ha ha. . . yeah, I wish I was sailing next week !

But my next cruise will be to Canada ! I can't wait :)

I LOVE Canada ports !

Radio

;);)

Early morning Sunny Promenade Deck

SU4.JPG

Radio, love the review and especially this picture. It makes me feel like I am on the 4th deck leaning over to see the ocean better.

Wow ! Thanks. . I have many many more pics from this cruise that I will post once I get a good connection (Oh yeah and it will cost less too. . .)

Radio

;);)

I LOVE Canada ports !

Radio

;);)

Will be looking forward to your posts and pictures of Canada. We also love those ports.

Theresa

Edited by psupa

Thanks. I have a Canon 7D and I used the 24-105/f4 lens that I have. I am sort of an amateur photog so my gear is with me on every vacation! DH is kind enough to put up with me. We watched the ice show twice actually so that I could get better pix the second time. LOL. Needed better seats so we got there 45 min early and just shared a drink -- just so I can get an unobstructive view. :)

Katherine thank you very much for the information. Believe it or not this is the camera i am looking to buy before our next cruise. I also love photography and have my gear with me at all times. My DH does all the listening on tours while i run around with the camera.

Sorry for being off topic on this thread.

I also love photos from this live posts.

how was the weather in Bermuda and the water temperature.

The weather was hi 60s and low 70s. The water I would not know about. It was windy. We were there Apr 28-30th. Still a little early.

Radio, thanks for all the Bermuda photos, it eases my post cruise blues.

Suz

I LOVE Canada ports !

Radio

;);)

Radio - Canada loves you too!!!!!! :D

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, and thanks for sharing with us once again!!!!

Radio, I am so LOVING this...I have been looking forward to your LIVE report on the Explorer since I read about you going on a month ago or so.

My DH is a bartender on the Explorer , he is working in the Chamber this cruise . so if you get a chance go down and say Hi to Troy and tell him his DW (leslie) sends a big kiss!!

Thanks again for doing the LIVE report , it is fantastic..makes me feel like I am almost back there visiting !

leslie:D

Hi Radio

Again I must thank you for all these amazing photos..they are certainly bringing back memories,,especially the Frog & Onion...

The clarity and colors are impressive ,,my photos never turn out looking like this LOL..

I talked to DH yesterday and he said he is also working in The 19th Hole up on deck14 from 6pm til 8 pm..so if you happen to be there just say hi, and tell him you are the person who has been posting all the lovely photos..

Thanks again , this has been a pleasure to follow

leslie

Hi all

this is a little off topic and I hope you dont mind Radio that I am asking on your thread..

How do you get to list all your past cruises at the bottom of the page? I have always been a cruiser , even before meeting my current DH and would like to list them on my posts..but not sure how that works..:confused:

If possible, I would like to add links to photos of some of the cruises.

thanks in advance

leslie

Thanks in advance wih

Go to quick links on the tool bar and click on signature. You can do all kinds of things including cute pics like those of my grandkids! I dont know if you also know that you can subscribe to threads on that quick link too! Its great way to keep track of the threads you posted on and not have to look them up. Hope this helps. Someone helped me way back just passing it forward :D

Radio - Canada loves you too!!!!!! :D

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, and thanks for sharing with us once again!!!!

Hi Robyn!!!

I was on the Freedom cruise with you this past summer! How are you?

Cheryl

Radio, I so enjoyed every one of your posts on the Explorer to Bermuda. My nephew will be on that trip next month, to celebrate his 50th birthday. I will be on the Explorer in September with 5 friends. We'll be on the Canada/NewEngland trip 9/16. Will you be on that sailing?

Go to quick links on the tool bar and click on signature. You can do all kinds of things including cute pics like those of my grandkids! I dont know if you also know that you can subscribe to threads on that quick link too! Its great way to keep track of the threads you posted on and not have to look them up. Hope this helps. Someone helped me way back just passing it forward :D

You can set the board to automatically subscribe you to a thread when you post to it. I find that the most convenient. Then when you return to the board, just click on the "User CP" link at the top left and you will come to a page that shows all the threads you've participated in that have had later posts.

Theron

Thanks. I have a Canon 7D and I used the 24-105/f4 lens that I have. I am sort of an amateur photog so my gear is with me on every vacation! DH is kind enough to put up with me. We watched the ice show twice actually so that I could get better pix the second time. LOL. Needed better seats so we got there 45 min early and just shared a drink -- just so I can get an unobstructive view. :)

Katherine thank you very much for the information. Believe it or not this is the camera i am looking to buy before our next cruise. I also love photography and have my gear with me at all times. My DH does all the listening on tours while i run around with the camera.

Sorry for being off topic on this thread.

I also love photos from this live posts.

I can't recommend the camera highly enough. And even though you can buy the kit lens for a few hundred dollars, it's worth picking up a great all purpose "L" lens that is more pricy.

Radio, thank you so much for your great pix and your report! When is your next cruise???!!!

Katherine

Thanks for this Radio.

We are just setting off to Heathrow Airport in 30 minutes to fly to Newark and are boarding Explorer tomorrow for our 9 night Bermuda and Bahamas !!!!!

:D:D:D

Mike,

Have a safe trip..........see you onboard!

Patty