"LIVE" From Explorer of the Seas / May 8, 2010

Radio:

Thank you for taking us on your cruise with you. You're welcome to join our group of friends from CC on the Explorer, February 27, 2011, cruise - we'd love to have you join us - we had a ball in February 2010, so next year's cruise will be better! Thank about it.

Sincerely,

Sue :)

Hi:

I rented a scooter from the following company for my husband on our Feb 2010 cruise. It cost $495 for the 12-niter and it was delivered right to the room. Take a 220 to 110 converter so you can leave it in the hallway to charge (if there's room) or if you have a handicapped room, you're in luck. Good luck with the company that RCCL recommends.

Sue & Del

CareVacations, Ltd.

Toll Free 1-877-478-7827 (780)986-6404

Toll Free Fax 1-800-648-1116 (780)986-6485

Email: csa@carevacations.com

URL: www.cruiseshipassist.com

Not to sound like a total jerk, my DW says I do that a lot, but I think Radio was talking about a two-wheeled road scooter rather than a scooter for those with mobility issues. But thank you for the information.

DW has used CareVacatons on Freedom of the Seas and was very happy. Her batteries went kaput 3 days before sailing and we couldn't get it fixed in time.

Not to sound like a total jerk, my DW says I do that a lot, but I think Radio was talking about a two-wheeled road scooter rather than a scooter for those with mobility issues. But thank you for the information. >SNIP<

You are right Ken. . . I used Oleander's Sooter Rental at the Dockyard. They have several locations in Bermuda. The price is $55. per day with a 1 time $30 Insurance requirement. If you rent for 2 days, you only pay the Insurance once.

You can go the their site HERE to reserve and get a discount.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not to sound like a total jerk, my DW says I do that a lot, but I think Radio was talking about a two-wheeled road scooter rather than a scooter for those with mobility issues. But thank you for the information.

DW has used CareVacatons on Freedom of the Seas and was very happy. Her batteries went kaput 3 days before sailing and we couldn't get it fixed in time.

Oh sure, bust my bubble, just when I think I'm helping (it's usually me looking for help!) I hope someone can use the information; I had to search for a scooter three days before our cruise. But, if I would have know that I could have got him a two-wheeled scooter, DH would have been riding the hallways on one! ;)

Sue :)

Here are a few more pics I don't think I posted during my Explorer trip. . .

Radio

Outside Entrance to 19th Hole Sports Bar

M19.JPG

19th Hole Sports Bar

W19.JPG

Main Dining Room / Decks 3,4,5

MM29.JPG

Connoisseur Club / Deck 5

(I spent alot of time here, with Medic Ken, and Pete. . .)

MM37.JPG

Dizzy's Jazz Club in the Viking Crown Lounge / Deck 14

SU2.JPG

Dizzy's Jazz Club

W8.JPG

Edited by Radio

Here a just a few more before I have to go back to work. . .

I don't think I have posted any of these. . .

Radio

Entrance to the Chamber Nightclub (Disco) / Deck 3,4

SU9.JPG

Chamber Nightclub (Disco) / Deck 3,4

SU30.JPG

Aquarium Bar / Deck 5

M3.JPG

View Forward of the Royale Promenade from Guest Services area. . .

SU23.JPG

Getting ready to visit Customs / Immigration inside Cape Liberty during Debarkation

TT91.JPG

Just outside the Terminal there was a large tent enclosure for rain/snow/sun

(This could come in handy for rough weather)

TT93.JPG

Edited by Radio

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is there no Boleros on Explorer? I don't remember an Aquarium bar on Mariner or Navigator. Loved your pics, Bermuda is on my list of to do cruises,however 5 days is too short for us since we have to fly from Florida.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is there no Boleros on Explorer? I don't remember an Aquarium bar on Mariner or Navigator. Loved your pics, Bermuda is on my list of to do cruises,however 5 days is too short for us since we have to fly from Florida.

There is no Bolero's on Explorer.

On Navigator, and Mariner. . .Boleros is in place of the Aquarium Bar. . .

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

Great pictures, Radio. Thanks so much for posting all your lovely pictures and the Compasses. We will be on in 3 weeks and you have made us anticipate our cruise even more.

Sandy

Radio

;);)

So is there an actual aquarium in the bar?

Radio

;);)

Was the Aquarium Bar popular? I'm surprised that they have not replaced it with Boleros, which is so popular. They even added a Boleros to Enchantment when she was stretched.

thanks for another great virtual cruise.

I like the Aquarium Bar. I wish it were on a ship in Florida. I'm not a fan of the drinks in Boleros and we don't like the music either. Cool idea. Loved your pictures Radio. Can't wait for the next cruise!

You will have a good view before you board, or as you sail away from the pier.

You cant see the Memorial while the ship is docked from your balcony. . . But just walk up to the bow and it will be there.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank you - I looked at the picture closer & saw that the memorial was at the bow -I remembered on our last cruise we were in a GS on the starboard side & looked out over the parking lot:)

Pat

Edited by pkexton

This may be a wee bit off topic .. but I have a question that either Radio or someone else may be able to answer. I know there were a "few" b2b'rs on for last week and this. I ALWAYS enjoy you Radio ... your live broadcasts ... posts and of course the fantastic photo's. Meg's also. But ... I was wondering ... wasn't Aqhacruiser .. aka .. Suzanne also on that 5 day and this 9 day also ?? She was always a "regular" and I too always enjoyed her broadcasts .. posts and pics too when she sailed. Did Suzanne for some reason stop doing that ? If so .. I'm sorry because I thought the 3 of you would do a super job on taking all us temporary "land sharks" to Bermuda and then to the Bahama's. Hope all is well with her ... don't see her here as often as she once was. Just seems "strange" .. that's all

Jeanette

So is there an actual aquarium in the bar?

Another pic of the Aquarium Bar, taken from almost the same spot as Mark's (Radio). It was taken during the daytime but still not enough light to show the inside of the tank.

2875031210096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

I believe that at night, Latin American music is played here so it sort of functions as the Bolero's Bar.

Radio: I know you love Explorer but I was just wondering after going on Oasis which is new and then going back on Explorer is there any level of disappointment?? I know a vacation on any ship for the most part beats a day at work but was just wondering!!! :)