Cost for Coffee on Royal Promenade

My parents went on a recent cruise aboard the Splendour of the Seas and they came back and told me that there was a charge for a standard cup of coffee at the coffee bar just next to the Champagne bar.

I was on board the Adventure of the Seas two and a half years ago and the coffee and hot chocolate was "free" at the Cafe Promenade. Only specialty coffees cost extra.

Has Royal changed the rules?

Thanks.

My parents went on a recent cruise aboard the Splendour of the Seas and they came back and told me that there was a charge for a standard cup of coffee at the coffee bar just next to the Champagne bar.

I was on board the Adventure of the Seas two and a half years ago and the coffee and hot chocolate was "free" at the Cafe Promenade. Only specialty coffees cost extra.

Has Royal changed the rules?

Thanks.

No the normal coffee is stall available free, but any coffee ordered from the coffee shop is charged

The coffee shop coffee is better if you're a coffee person. I did some of both. The self-dispensed coffee often tasted like it had been scalded/boiling for hours and was a little weak for my tastes, although some people find it strong, so I guess they're striking a balance there...

A fresh Americano is $1.90, and $0.75 for extra expresso shots.

And for a Seattle coffee snob joke. -- "Seattle's Best - isn't"

Splendour and Adventure are two different ships in two different "classes". Voyager-class ships and larger have the Cafe Promenade where coffee, tea, etc. are available anytime in thermoses. All coffee in a lounge or bar is charged; it is included in the dining room but not so outside of the dining venues. We found this out the hard way one evening when we ordered coffees in a lounge and were charged. No biggie, but it just surprised us. Now we know.

I'm thinking the coffee bar had their menu and pricing displayed; perhaps your parents just didn't see it.

Basically if you are served coffee outside of the windjammer or MDR, you will be charged. The coffee stations are very convenient on ships with a promenade. For the others, unfortunately, you have to hope the WJ is open for self-serve coffee or use room service.

regular coffee on the IOS is free but the foo-foo coffee are not.. mochas chai lattes etc are all comparable to your local Starbucks..I really didn't care to much for the regular coffee it reminded me of rashon strength coffee extract we drank in the field...It is not bad when you add extra water to it and a tonne of sugar..

Archived