Copa: how good? Greatam, others?

biker1972

I can get a business class flight from MIA to EZE via Panama City on 02/21/11 for $1050.10 pp. My wife wants to know why it is so low. Fare rules indicates it is a refundable ticket. Can choose either flight (one early leaving MIA about 7:30 am or the late flight leaving 7:40pm) at this price. Would be one way since returning via the Infinity. How does Copa compare to Lan?

I can get a business class flight from MIA to EZE via Panama City on 02/21/11 for $1050.10 pp. My wife wants to know why it is so low. Fare rules indicates it is a refundable ticket. Can choose either flight (one early leaving MIA about 7:30 am or the late flight leaving 7:40pm) at this price. Would be one way since returning via the Infinity. How does Copa compare to Lan?

COPA is not LAN. 737's only. No lie flat/flatbed seats. Very similar to domestic USA first class-recliner type seats with footrests.

I judge a business class product by how well I can sleep on a long haul flight. Sleeping stretched out on my side is my primary consideration, but it may not be yours since you are going on vacation. When I am flying long haul to South America/Asia/Middle East, I must work when I get off the plane. All business class flights get free food/booze, most have individual movie/music selections. All I have ever flown have lounge access and separate check-in lines.

Check this schedule CAREFULLY. I can find the 7:30AM flight-3 hours to Panama City, 7 hours to EZE. But I sure can't find anything close to 7:40PM EXCEPT an AA/Copa flight with a 14 hour layover in Panama City but of course the price is different. I do see a 4:30PM flight on COPA. Same routing as the early morning flight. And when I actually looked at the COPA website, the Business promo fare for $1050 is NOT refundable and there is a $100.00 change fee. The Business flex fare is refundable, no change fee but it prices at $1131.10.

Not a bad deal at all. And if you can sleep in a recliner, you should get some z's if you want. I would take the day time flight if it was my trip.

The lowest business price I see is 922 which plus taxes would probably be the one you are referring to, is refundable with a USD 50 penalty per reservation (not per pax).

I see a morning flight and an evening flight but departing at 16:37, arriving in PTY 19:42, maybe that's the one you meant?

As for the quality of the product, have flown them only economy so can't tell about business, but as OP said they are generally speaking not as good as Lan which is one of the top 3 airlines in South America.

Archived