40+ Singles Cruise

Opie

I've cruised alone 2x, 2x with friends and in January 2011, I'm doing a Singles cruise on the Oasis.

I booked it a few months ago, and the price is not that much more. I'm using their room buddy system also.

It's only 1 week, it's not the rest of my life IF I really can't stand the person.

I want to go on the Oasis and thought it would be fun to try it with other singles.

I'm just going to have some fun and meet some men and women.

What's the room buddy system?

Singles cruises don't just use Carnival. I have done Singles cruises on Celebrity, Princess, Royal Caribbean and Carnival. They also use Holland America and NCL. I don't like Carnival's ships, so it is doubtfull I will cruise with them again. I am a active 40+ person, Princess and Celebrity are just too dull - Celebrity even closed all the pools at 8 pm.....just a little before my bedtime. Royal Caribbean is the perfect mix of beautiful ships, nice, active atmosphere, without the party crowd Carnival seems to attract. JMO

I completely agree !!! I am a single mom and love to cruise as this is the best way for me to get away. I am taking my first solo( childless- they are too buisy now) and I got a great deal on a quick winter get away on RCL ....

PS I love the signature of the "Carnival Squalor" I think I have been on that ship LOL

Shirley

PS I love the signature of the "Carnival Squalor" I think I have been on that ship LOL

Shirley

I call the Carnival Valor the Squalor. That ship almost finished me with cruising, dirty, staff unfrendly, I could go on. I am not sure why the ship was that bad because the year before I was on the Conquest which is a sister ship and except for the poor ship design I had a great time. The Valor did go into drydock for a scheduled overhaul shortly after.

The following year I cruised on the Freedom of the Seas and it blew me away. I have been a Royal Caribbean fan ever since.

Whereas I, on the other hand, have never liked RCCLs ships, and cruise single on Carnival because I like their ships (and service) better. Tastes differ.

Of course, you've never been on any Carnival ships other than their Conquest class, and I've never been on any RCCL ships other than their Sovereign and Vision class ships. So honestly, how can either of us judge? I'm sure you'd tell me to try out the Freedom or one of RCCLs larger ships, and I'll say you might try the Splendor or one of the Spirit class ships.

I agree a hundred percent that with cruise lines and ships everyones personal tastes differ. The Spirit Class I have heard is the best of the Carnival designed ships and it is the only Carnival class I would like to give a try. I tend to study the floor plans of the ships I would like to cruise on and the (Carnvial)Splender doesn't seem to be that big an impovement over the Conquest Class.

I compare the Conquest Class (built 2002-2007) to the Royal Caribbean Ships of that time frame (Voyager and Freedom classes) and in my opinion the Royal Caribbean ships blow the Conquest Class out of the water.

Everyone has their own tastes and I have found after cruising with Celebrity, NCL, Princess and Carnival that Royal Caribbean fits my cruising style the best.

Whereas I, on the other hand, have never liked RCCLs ships, and cruise single on Carnival because I like their ships (and service) better. Tastes differ.

Of course, you've never been on any Carnival ships other than their Conquest class, and I've never been on any RCCL ships other than their Sovereign and Vision class ships. So honestly, how can either of us judge? I'm sure you'd tell me to try out the Freedom or one of RCCLs larger ships, and I'll say you might try the Splendor or one of the Spirit class ships.

I love the Spirit.. took her to Alaska with my maternal unit a few years back! Looking forward to doing a repo on her (Vancouver to LA.. solo) and then Hawaii (again with the maternal unit).

The only other class that i have sailed was the Conquest (Glory) nice enough ship.. but a little difficult to navigate. and also a bit bigger than i like.. LOL you would never find me on the Oasis :D

But agree with everyone... different strokes for different folks (Isn't that what makes the world turn around :p)

• 1 month later...

I have gone on five previous cruises with a friend but now that I retired at the end of the year I would like to go more often. I'm 65 and a widow. I like to snorkle and love the beach. I'm not looking for love. Been there, done that. Just would like to meet other ladies that like to cruise and make new friends. Am I too old to be thinking about a singles cruise Oct. 30 on the Allure? I've never done these before and I am a little hesitant about trying it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
What is the Oasis?

The Oasis is a Royal Carribean cruise ship - it and its sister ship the Allure of the Seas are the largest cruise ships in the world. I have been on the Oasis of the Seas and loved it. I hope to cruise it or the Allure again sometime in the future.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=368

• 2 months later...
I look for groups which share my interests- for cruising, that's usually dancing. How many singles are with the group is important but secondary. I would be very reluctant to travel with a group where the only thing in common is being single. (Incidentally, it's not true that women like to dance- if I'm not with a dance group, I'm always sitting in the lounge alone.)

So where are these groups? I would like to do a singles cruise maybe next year?

Hi Vince,

I have no doubt it will party time, lol :)

Are you part of the Halloween group???

No but I will be on a cruise then just not one of the singles cruises. However I was on a Princess cruise over Halloween that had a large singles group on it, they had a good time. There was so many of them, around 300 that I was able to meet some of them all around the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
Any suggestions for a female divorcee (not me) looking for a singles cruise for 40 year olds?

Join me (and dozens and dozens more...might even be into the hundreds as many groups are targeting this one ship/date).

The Carnival Elation's April 21st sailing out of New Orleans will be home to many singles groups from all over the US.

I have been on 8 cruises, only one of them being a singles cruise. The over 40 singles cruise I went on was great, lots of fun people to hang out with if you wanted to but easy to get away from the group if you wanted to do your own thing. I was able to share my cabin, my hotel room and transportation to and from the ship, which more than made up for the extra cost of the cruise. I am going on another singles cruise for Halloween that is Not a over 40 cruise but it appears from the chat site that most of the group will be 35+, and as usual more women than men.

IMO singles cruises are a fun way to cruise solo, but not necessarily alone. Yamaha

• 1 month later...
"If I'm not with a dance group, I'm always sitting in the lounge alone". Well, talking to myself, is an intelligent conversation. That's based on several cruises as a single/solo. I'll let you know how many single women I see in the lounge on my Adriatic cruise in November- I' alone on that one.

I am 53. I have found that cruises are luck of the draw. Have been on carnival, celebrity, ncl, rccl, and others. being single makes the choice harder. Since I knew there was a singles group on CCL Dream over new years (2011-2012. thought I would give that a shot. I did not book throught the singles group travel agent, but thought the group booking would give a better chance to meet folks that were not in a couples situation.

Archived