New CD on the Sky...started this past Monday, 5/3

We are just back from a great cruise on the Sky...new Cruise Director Rob Sugar started on Monday...I think he did a great job!

If anyone has any questions about the Sky, ask away, maybe I can help!

Some notes: We didn't use the specialty restaurants, so I can't speak to those...we did the 4 night itinerary...we had an inside cabin deck 9...

Rob was the Assitant CD during the week of April 26th and Rich Purpura told me that Matt was trying to talk him into going with him on the Dawn, so putting two and two together to make 50 it looks like the Dawn may be receiving a new CD too.

We are going on the 4 nighter May 31. Is there a formal night? What night is it? We do not intend to use the speciality restraunts either, was the main dining room food good? How crowded was the private island?

Can't wait to go!

Becky

We are going on the 4 nighter May 31. Is there a formal night? What night is it? We do not intend to use the speciality restraunts either, was the main dining room food good? How crowded was the private island?

Can't wait to go!

Becky

Here's a link to my review of our recent 4 day trip:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=66539

Can't wait to go!

Becky

On NCL, there are no formal nights...every night is dress as you please. There was a huge range of dress, from shorts to really nice dresses. I don't think I saw one suit on a guy, but maybe a sports jacket or two.

I enjoyed the dining room food (we ate there for dinner each of the 4 nights, but also did look at the buffet each night just to see the offerings). Some of the items that stick in my head as really good are:

Cappuccino mousse in a chocolate cup, spring rolls, pumpkin gnocchi, all the fish (I had fish just about every night).

The private island was very crowded as the morning went on...I would highly recommend getting on a tender by 9:30 at the latest to be able to find chairs easily. We wanted shade, but chose not to rent those clamshells (they are $30 for the day, and when we got there around 9:30, the first row facing the beach was gone, and I worried that there would be no breeze to the rows behind them...). We pulled chairs from the beach back a little bit into a small shaded area near the hammocks, but this area is very small and had we waited any longer to get off the ship we would have missed out on shade. P.S. The beach BBQ was delicious...I had a homemade veggie burger that was incredible!

My ONLY complaint on the trip was that it went too quickly!

Is Matt Baker off the Sky permanently?

Hi Mary,

Matt Baker is headed to the Big Apple to pick up the CD reins on the Dawn. He's so full of energy and fun he's a great match. Last time he did stints on the Spirit and Dawn up here he got glowing reviews.

I'm sure my fellow New Yorkers who have sailed with Matt before will welcome him back. coffeebean, where are you sweetheart? I know you're a Matt devotee.;):D

My fondest memory of Matt is when he whipped out the harmonica at the Meet & Greet and gave us a great taste of his talent. He's one CD who makes me want to attend the first night Welcome Show.;):):)

You've sailed with him, haven't you?

BTW, we do hear from the Groundhogs. Some we see often (and have cruised together many times since the Pearl) and others we just "see" around the boards.;) Haven't heard anything from Mr. Tractor in a long time - wonder how he and Barb are doing.

Hi Mary' date='

Matt Baker is headed to the Big Apple to pick up the CD reins on the Dawn. He's so full of energy and fun he's a great match. Last time he did stints on the Spirit and Dawn up here he got glowing reviews.

I'm sure my fellow New Yorkers who have sailed with Matt before will welcome him back. coffeebean, where are you sweetheart? I know you're a Matt devotee.;):D

My fondest memory of Matt is when he whipped out the harmonica at the Meet & Greet and gave us a great taste of his talent. He's one CD who makes me want to attend the first night Welcome Show.;):)

You've sailed with him, haven't you?

BTW, we do hear from the Groundhogs. Some we see often (and have cruised together many times since the Pearl) and others we just "see" around the boards.;) Haven't heard anything from Mr. Tractor in a long time - wonder how he and Barb are doing.[/quote']

Hi Barb --

Thanks for your response.

Yes, we took a 4 day cruise last spring on the Sky and thought Matt "made" the cruise. Since we're on her again this summer, I'm more than disappointed he'll be gone. Might have to change our plans.

We're on the Gem's TA in November, want to come along? Haven't been reading many positive reviews of this spring's TA. Guess we'll have to bring along our own entertainment. :confused:

Doesn't look as though MrTractor's been posting for a long, long time. I wonder what's happening with him? I'll ask PE over on Facebook.

Mary

Archived