ON LEGEND MAY 23 - any good tips???

Three women, 2 teens on the Legend in two weeks. Anyone have any good tips - excursions that are a must -- or ??? We heard Captain Marvins was a good choice for Grand Cayman (plus Eden Rock) what about Roatan Island or Belize trip? Would you book trips now on line or wait and go through Carnival?

Three women, 2 teens on the Legend in two weeks. Anyone have any good tips - excursions that are a must -- or ??? We heard Captain Marvins was a good choice for Grand Cayman (plus Eden Rock) what about Roatan Island or Belize trip? Would you book trips now on line or wait and go through Carnival?

Loved Captain Marvins.

We're doing Dolphin Excursion in Grand Cayman, Manatee Encounter in Cozumel, Victor Boddan in Roatan, and undecided on Belize (perhaps the Zoo).

I'd book now using private vendors, with the exception of Belize (I'd book through the ship for Belize).

We've been on this cruise twice and have another cruise set for November.

The first thing I think you need to keep in mind is booking outside of Carnival. There is a certain amount of risk involved when going with a private vendor. Personally, I don't need that additional stress when on vacation so we always book through the ship. However, we have on occasion hired a cab to take us to a specific place, like the beach.

The beach on Cayman is beautiful. It's easy to hire a cab for this. I think the kids might like the pool upstairs in Margaritaville which is across from the tender docking.

Being that your with teens, you may want to try the ATV trip in Cozumel. Check on age first. I think they have to be 18. Cozumel is the best place to shop out of all the ports so you may want to keep some time set aside.

Many folks book the cave tubing in Belize. Carnival has an excursion for this one. There's a lot of walking involved prior to getting to the "caves". I've heard good and bad about this excursion. Don't know if you want to take the time and do the city tour. Not so great and can be somewhat dangerous. We usually hang at the port, do a little shopping and get back on the ship.

Roatan is a beautiful island. Carnival just built a new pier at Mahogony BAy. Haven't see it yet. The beaches are serene and a must see. We've done the pirates, monkeys and bird excursion through Carnival which takes you to the other side of the island to a private estate. Lots to do after seeing all the animals. Has a resort type setting with a pool, the beach, etc. Clean and worth the money.

Hope this helps. :)

We sailed the Legend in February:)...tips....Eat as often as you can in the MDR. Lunch breakfast etc. Don't order Lobster in the steakhouse, order steak, go to tea on a sea day, have no regrets, participate....

If you are not hungry when you board, head to the sports bar on the promenade deck, this will give you some space after you board. I hate the fact that everyone goes to the Lido deck, it is such a mob. Wander around a bit. Enjoy the enchanted forest. Get out and walk around on the Atlantic deck.

Our excursions...Grand Cayman-Submarine, Belize-Goff's Caye-Cozumel-the guys scubad, and my friend and I did Cozumel Highlights, in Roatan, we did not dock at Mahogany Bay, had nothing planned, swam in an empty pool and enjoyed the emptiness of the ship. Would I do any of them again??? Yes! But I would have planned Roatan a little better.:o Now I will research back up plans.

And remember, if you do a Carnival excursion, and they are running late, the ship will wait for you. If you do someone else's excursion and you are running late, you could be waving goodbye to a ship getting smaller by the minute. :eek:You will have a great time,you make the cruise!:)

We sailed the Legend in February:)...tips....Eat as often as you can in the MDR. Lunch breakfast etc. Don't order Lobster in the steakhouse, order steak, go to tea on a sea day, have no regrets, participate....

If you are not hungry when you board, head to the sports bar on the promenade deck, this will give you some space after you board. I hate the fact that everyone goes to the Lido deck, it is such a mob. Wander around a bit. Enjoy the enchanted forest. Get out and walk around on the Atlantic deck.

Our excursions...Grand Cayman-Submarine, Belize-Goff's Caye-Cozumel-the guys scubad, and my friend and I did Cozumel Highlights, in Roatan, we did not dock at Mahogany Bay, had nothing planned, swam in an empty pool and enjoyed the emptiness of the ship. Would I do any of them again??? Yes! But I would have planned Roatan a little better.:o Now I will research back up plans.

And remember, if you do a Carnival excursion, and they are running late, the ship will wait for you. If you do someone else's excursion and you are running late, you could be waving goodbye to a ship getting smaller by the minute. :eek:You will have a great time,you make the cruise!:)

Which is always why it's a good idea to take your passport and a credit card and a copy of the Capers (which has the port authority phone number/location) with you whenever you go onshore (cell phone too).

Come join our roll call on the roll call boards..there's a nice size group of CC'ers on their chatting away. We have a meet and greet planned for teh 24th.

If you like wine - go to the wine tasting - $10 -best deal on the ship. Have to admit we had to take a nap after the one on Fascination last Nov. Have a great trip. We will be on this same cruise in July so take good care of her !

Archived