Which Cabin Category - straw poll ..

My wife and I are about to book on the Oasis [March 2011] BUT we cannot decide which cabin category to take .. outside ?, inside?, Broadwalk?, Central Park? ..

What's your experience?

What do you recommend?

I'm not exactly sure on your price range, but I'd recommend the grand suite. I just had it on the Voyager, and the suite perks are definitely worth it. If you want something a little cheaper, than I'd get something with at least an ocean-view balcony. Hope it helps! :D

On May 1st sailing. Outside balcony and will have the same next year on Allure. Insides have nice views of park, boardwalk, etc. but no privacy. Keep drapes closed if you don't want public viewing and would the heavy lady who came out on her balcony in the short white nightgown while we were having breakfast at Johnny Rocket's on the Boardwalk please put a robe on next time.

We sailed the Oasis 4/17 in cabin 11690, a D7, aft, starboard side. It was wonderful! On Decks 11 and 12 there are large public balconies on the starboard and ports sides aft. Very few people venture there during the week, but they are the BEST place to watch the Aquatheater shows because you are 6 or 7 decks above, overlooking the Aquatheater. This is also a great place for sail-aways and just enjoying drinks with friends. Personnaly I was not too impressed with the Boardwalk or Central Park balcony cabins althought they are unique. They face other cabins just across from you and you feel like you are on display, IMHO. Aft suites are great (if you can afford them) and any othe suite would be sweet as well. Inside cabins are the least expensive and great if you like to sleep late (they are like tombs...). But for the price of a crusie you cannot beat them.

Whatever you decide, the Oasis is magnificent! You will be amazed at this ship.

-----------------------------

Sea ya!

Hobiecat01

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises – 66 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/2008

RCCL Oasis of the Seas –7 Days Eastern Carib. with our Friends – 4/17 – 4/24/2010

Booked & Paid Cruises

Not yet… but on the way

Planned Cruises

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

The Med – 14 day – 2013?

On May 1st sailing. Outside balcony and will have the same next year on Allure. Insides have nice views of park, boardwalk, etc. but no privacy. Keep drapes closed if you don't want public viewing and would the heavy lady who came out on her balcony in the short white nightgown while we were having breakfast at Johnny Rocket's on the Boardwalk please put a robe on next time.

Hahaha! We have an ocean view and I like to go out in the morning in my pj's......didn't think about that w/ the interior balconies!! That had to be quite a view ;)

Since I sail as a single I only choose to pay for an inside cabin. It was more than adequate and there were so many places to sit out on deck I was happy.

One thing I'd mention about the central park and boardwalk balconies, you have no privacy. People can look right down on your balcony from other parts of the ship, as well as up from the decks. So if you expect to be out there in your jammies, or want to join the balcony club, I'd go for an outside oceanview balcony.

We have had other rooms but always go back to the inside cabin. We both like it VERY dark when we sleep. They are small but we are light packers. One BIG help, DH always puts the small glass topped coffee table in the closet. It gives us lots more room. Suitcases go under the bed. I am not sure what type of table will be on the OASIS but if it will fit in the closet he will put it there. We never eat in our room. Waiting for Sept!!

We are booked on an OB for the first time. We have always had just an outside view. We thought about a BB or a CPB but we wanted the privacy. The kids had an inside and they liked it, but I like to see the sun rise and set if possible.

Archived