Carnival Freedom v. Legend?

Are you think of the 11-14-10 Freedeom cruise? I chose the Freedom over the Legend because of the size of the ship and the itinerary. Plus there were more cabin options available.

Have been on both ships and really enjoyed both ships. The Freedom is larger but The Legend remains my favorite ship. If the Freedom itinerary is acceptable and alleviates your concerns, I think you'll find this ship a pleasant experience. Be alerted, however, The Freedom easily has the wildest and most disconcerting decor of the entire Carnival fleet!

Been on the Freedom and really liked it. Heard so many good reviews on the Legend, so we are trying that in July. On another note, your not going until 2011 and your worried about the oil spill???? Your kidding, right? So far the oil spill has not threatened the Tampa Bay area.

We have sailed both and can say that either one is a great trip. The Freedom is larger and carries more passengers. We initially were concerned about the higher passenger count on the Freedom thinking that it might feel more crowded. In fact, the Freedom did not seem any more crowded than the Legend. We enjoyed the Freedom's shows more than the Legends. We felt that the crew engaged the passengers more than the Legend. The Captain on the Freedom was very visible.

We did miss being able to walk around the Promenade deck like we were able to do on the Legend. The food service staff on both were excellent. Our cabin steward and his crew on the Freedom was superior to the Legend. We enjoyed the movie screen that is pool side on the Freedom. You really can't go wrong with either one. I wouldn't be too concerned about the oil spill. I would just choose the itinerary that you like best knowing that it will be a great cruise on either ship.

Either ship would be O.K., but I too enjoy the Spirit Class ships far more than the Freedom. "Legend" is a GREAT ship, with outstanding crew, entertainment, and food. We've done both ships, but far more cruises aboard "Legend". We've got her booked again for September of '10.

"SKY"

Our news in Tampa reports that the oil could actually move into the Gulf Stream and if it does that it won't hit our coast but head down to the Keys and up the East coast impacting their shores including the coral reef in the Keys. BUT hurricaine season starts soon and who knows where the winds will blow. The Legend is a great ship. We'll be on it to celebrate the New Year.

Archived