new bedding on RCCL

There's been 'upgraded" bedding for a couple of years now...nicer mattresses, new covers, etc.... Very nice. The old beds reminded me of dog beds...high on the sides, sunk in in the middle....

Now, you can be rocked to sleep in total comfort!

When we were in Puerto Limon, April 2010, on the Jewel, we saw all the old bedding being donated to an orphanage. Bravo, RCCL!!!!!!

Since the bedding was changed in 2007...........I wonder where the Jewel stored all the old bedding?

..are upscale mattress, linens and duvets. Although I never ever had a problem getting to sleep after an active cruise day; the difference is noticable and adds a luxurious touch.

Mitch

Since the bedding was changed in 2007...........I wonder where the Jewel stored all the old bedding?

It wasn't the old, old stuff, pre 2007. It was the current style. We saw boxes and boxes of the navy pillows, navy bed scarves, mattress pads, and regular bed pillows. So, I'm thinking, even though the style doesn't change, RC does replace the bedding frequently.

• 4 weeks later...
When we were in Puerto Limon, April 2010, on the Jewel, we saw all the old bedding being donated to an orphanage. Bravo, RCCL!!!!!!

Not sure if that was meant to be sarcastic or not:confused:

LOL! Last time I was on RC I thought I was being turtured on that bed! :eek: (Despite that, it was a great cruise - so I am not knocking RC!)

Never mind ... you said "bedding" and I am thinking mattresses :o

SO GLAD to hear about the new beds as I have a 12 day cruise next May :)

There's been 'upgraded" bedding for a couple of years now...nicer mattresses, new covers, etc.... Very nice. The old beds reminded me of dog beds...high on the sides, sunk in in the middle....

Now, you can be rocked to sleep in total comfort!

We were on the Explorer in 2008! We had new, but hard mattresses and the "duvet", was so heavy we couldn't use it most nights, but we managed.

We are going back again and hope our cabin this time has a softer bed. We'll ask for a lighter cover and they can have the heavy duvet! It certainly is not stopping us for going on another 12 night cruise 11/7!!!

JMO on our experience! Love the Explorer, obviously!!!

We were on the Explorer in 2008! We had new, but hard mattresses and the "duvet", was so heavy we couldn't use it most nights, but we managed.

We are going back again and hope our cabin this time has a softer bed. We'll ask for a lighter cover and they can have the heavy duvet! It certainly is not stopping us for going on another 12 night cruise 11/7!!!

JMO on our experience! Love the Explorer, obviously!!!

Nope, mattresses are the same. To me the new bedding installed was not the pillow top version. But you can ask for a egg crate to put on top of the mattress which might help.

In regards to the duvet, the first thing we tell our cabin attendant is to remove all that fancy stuff and give us the light blanket sandwiched between two sheets.

Nope, mattresses are the same. To me the new bedding installed was not the pillow top version. But you can ask for a egg crate to put on top of the mattress which might help.

In regards to the duvet, the first thing we tell our cabin attendant is to remove all that fancy stuff and give us the light blanket sandwiched between two sheets.

We totally forgot about the egg crate. However, on NCL we got one and had them take it right back!!! NCL's bed was much better.

This time, you are right, get rid of the 'fancy stuff' and give me a blankie between two top sheets.

just come back from Indy on wednesday. the beds on her had those memory foam matteress toppers on and the linens were so soft and smooth. after a long day out it was lovely to glide into those beds and be rocked to sleep. Infact on our sea day we didn't get out of bed until 12pm :D

I am now investing in a memory foam topper and some new pillows to see if i can recreate the experience :D

CK x

I think the beds are fine...

BUT am i the only one who thinks that the 'duvet' looks suspiciously like a quilted mattress pad inside a 'duvet' cover???

in any event, i slept on TOP of it, with just a sheet as mom is always cold and i am always not!

I would be interesting in knowing if the bedding was changed throughout or just for the balconies, suites, etc. (We're taking our first RCCL cruise in Sept. and are in a regular room on deck 2.)

Not really new bedding, since they started to replace all the beds/bedding with the new ones in 2006 with the introduction of Freedom of the Seas and finished across their fleet in 2007. But it is comfortable none the less. Not nearly as comfortable as my bed at home, but much better than it used to be.

I would be interesting in knowing if the bedding was changed throughout or just for the balconies, suites, etc. (We're taking our first RCCL cruise in Sept. and are in a regular room on deck 2.)

New bedding was installed on all ships in all cabins and was completed by the end of September 2007 if memory serves me right.

The Freedom Class ships got the better mattresses..........IMHO.

If that was a memory foam mattress that we had on Serenade this past April, I think it lost it's memory.

Archived