"Easiest" way to book ES?

TortieGal

Just did a search for early saver and all I can say is :eek:!!

We are going to do our first Early Saver booking. We were starting to look into a travel agent, due to others in our group using her, but she never responded to my request for pricing info. Needless to say, I wouldn't want to rely on her to submit ES requests. :rolleyes:

With that being said, would there be an advantage using a PVP vs. booking direct through the Carnival website? With the exception of a few, most of my cruises have been CC group cruises so haven't really had all that much experience with the PVP or online route.

Thanks for your opinions!

If you do book through a TA, make sure that you ask about fees. I've read where some TA charge to perform each price drop due to ES rates. So that might negate any price drop you would get.

My TA charges for any changes, but thankfully doesn't charge to do price drops (I have had 3 so far). Although next time I won't book with a TA.

Maggie

I always book ES with what ever person picks up the phone at the 800 number. I've never been assigned a PVP that I felt like was doing me any favors so I just call and book it.

I was advised by a PVP sometime back that if you see the price drop you should START filling out the form, then call Carnival and have the rep confirm the rate and note your booking and get their employee number to include on your ES form.

Everytime I've done this the price reduction has been granted within just a couple of days.

I would go for a PVP. Cuts out the middleman and if a problem comes up they are in a better position to handle it. Much less hassle when filing an ES claim. You simply do it yourself. To many bad experiences from posters trying to get a TA to do it correctly.

We did our first Carnival Cruise on the Glory last Halloween and went thru Carnival's vacation planner. He booked us, sent us updates and information, gave us his work and private cell number in case we had any questions and was available anytime. Unlike Royal, he was our main contact all thru the process. There is a form that you fill out and send in yourself if you find any decreases in price or you can call the PVC.

I just called the same person and booked our next cruise with him for next year and he has been very helpful. I would give you his name but don't think that's allowed. :D:D

I don't need a TA to do what I can myself. Why bother with a middle man? Plus, with all the TA horror stories...

The reason to use a TA is to save money. Booking directly through Carnival is usually simpler if you need to make changes for any reason, though.

The reason to use a TA is to save money. Booking directly through Carnival is usually simpler if you need to make changes for any reason, though.

It can be, yes. Not worth the potential hassle to me though to save a few bucks.

It can be, yes. Not worth the potential hassle to me though to save a few bucks.

Fair enough, we all make our own value judgments. I was just clarifying why people who are otherwise comfortable making their own arrangements might instead use a TA. Personally I save an average of ~15% on every cruise by using a TA.

If you care about a specific room then I would call Carnival directly instead of booking online as they only give you a select number of rooms that are available. If you call Carnival they can look up a specific room you had in mind.

If you don't care where you are then booking online is just fine too.

Archived