Solstice Western Itinerary: Time Change Question

Sailfish

Solstice Western Itinerary: Time Change Question

I am requesting a recent Solstice cruiser answer my time change question as it relates to the Western Caribbean itinerary.

I have made arrangements to go diving with my group in the Western Caribbean ports of call in June while cruising on the Solstice. I have been trying to figure out how the ship deals with the time change. Yes, I know to keep my watch on ship's time, but I also would like to know the real time in the ports of call as well.

In the US and in Mexico, they move the clocks forward an hour for Daylight Savings Time in the spring. In Grand Cayman and Roatan, they do not. This makes knowing what time it is in port all the more difficult as it's a seasonal time difference. Those of you cruising last fall and winter will have had it different, so no need to respond to my question.

Here is a rundown on how the Western Ports of call compare to the time in Florida:

Fort Lauderdale 12:00

Daylight Savings Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Savings Time (EDT)

Grand Cayman 11:00

Standard Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Cozumel 11:00

Daylight Savings Time Zone : Central Daylight Savings Time (CDT)

Costa Maya 11:00

Daylight Savings Time Zone : Central Daylight Savings Time (CDT)

Roatan 10:00

Standard Time Zone : Central Standard Time (CST)

So my question is, does the Solstice on the Western Caribbean itinerary move it's clocks back one hour? If so, what day are the clocks adjusted?

Thanks for your input in advance.

Suzi

On my sailing (4/25), we stayed on ship's time in Grand Cayman. This was EDT. Because of this, we were one hour ahead in GC.

The night we left GC, we turned the clocks back 1 hour. We were on time in Cozumel and CM.

In Roatan, we stayed on CDT and were, therefore, one hour ahead of their time.

That night, after leaving Roatan, we forwarded one hour to get back to EDT.

• 2 weeks later...
On my sailing (4/25), we stayed on ship's time in Grand Cayman. This was EDT. Because of this, we were one hour ahead in GC.

The night we left GC, we turned the clocks back 1 hour. We were on time in Cozumel and CM.

Thanks so much. I am booking local excursions and have been trying to find out what Celebrity is doing about time on the Western Carib. trip. This answers all my questions.

Judi

We were on the 5/9 Solstice sailing and had same experience as above.

Uggg. How confusing. I might have to wear 2 watches so I know what time it is on ship and in port. Hope I don't forget which is which!:eek:

Archived