Handicapped assistance-Nassau & Grand Turk

Irishlinny

Generally speaking, anything, such as what you saw, is not Carnival's staff, but rather the port's staff, or a local businessman, looking for some tips. You should assume, that you will not have any type of assistance, once off. My wife is disabled, and I have never seen or had assistance, in the 15+ ports we have been to. (ouside of course from friendly taxi cab drivers, etc.)

We are going on the Miracle in June and while my Mom can walk around in the town the walk from the ship to the end of the pier can be killer. I always ask the Pursers desk if there is a shuttle bus/club car/or wheel chair services to take people to the end of the pier. Typically in places where the pier is extremly long there is (Barbados, St. Croix, etc.). If you don't get an answer before you leave for Nassau and Grand Turk check with the Purser before getting off the ship.

Not sure they are still there and in business, this is the shuttle bus that we took in Nassau to go from the terminal to pier that parked near the ship back in Sept/Oct 2009:

p1010269q.jpg

Prince George Dock Passenger Shuttle

I can confirm the existence of the shuttle bus service in Nassau. The vans are not exactly handicap accessible, but if one can walk short distances, they should be ok.

I have not seen any such thing at Grand Turk. That being said, it is about one ship length from the gangway to the port entrance.

Doc

Archived