Oasis Pools

There are 3 pools in the area of the music... main pool, sports pool, and beach pool, as well as H2O Zone. The Solarium has a pool as well and it's much quieter in that section.

Most of the pool contests are in the sports pool, I believe, with some (like the Men's Bellyflop Competition) in the Aquatheater.

There are 3 pools in the area of the music... main pool, sports pool, and beach pool, as well as H2O Zone. The Solarium has a pool as well and it's much quieter in that section.

Most of the pool contests are in the sports pool, I believe, with some (like the Men's Bellyflop Competition) in the Aquatheater.

Because of the layout, the music can be heard fine in all three pools. The other difference is that the beach pool is salt water. But its nice because there are umbrellas next to the chairs.

Hi,

I'd like to piggy back and ask an additional pool related question and a clarification...

How deep are the pools? Can you stand with your feet touching the bottom? Would a child be able to touch the bottom? In my past experience (mostly NCL) the pools were at least 6 feet deep. I am debating whether or not I'll need to pack swimming noodles.

Just to clarify... when someone says fresh water, does that mean chlorinated? I know the saltwater pools (yuck!) so does that mean that the beach pool is the only one that is saltwater? Either way, I'm packing goggles for the kids.

Thank you.

Hi,

I'd like to piggy back and ask an additional pool related question and a clarification...

How deep are the pools? Can you stand with your feet touching the bottom? Would a child be able to touch the bottom? In my past experience (mostly NCL) the pools were at least 6 feet deep. I am debating whether or not I'll need to pack swimming noodles.

Just to clarify... when someone says fresh water, does that mean chlorinated? I know the saltwater pools (yuck!) so does that mean that the beach pool is the only one that is saltwater? Either way, I'm packing goggles for the kids.

Thank you.

Yes, the fresh water pools are chlorinated.

Most of the pools are between 4 and 5 feet deep. But the kids area appeared to have a variety of pools at shallower depths.

I myself prefer the chlorinated pools. I feel so grungy after being in the salt water pool. I was there the first day, switched after the first day. The pools at most are at most 5 feet deep.

Yes, the fresh water pools are chlorinated.

Most of the pools are between 4 and 5 feet deep. But the kids area appeared to have a variety of pools at shallower depths.

I myself prefer the chlorinated pools. I feel so grungy after being in the salt water pool. I was there the first day, switched after the first day. The pools at most are at most 5 feet deep.

Thank you loralei and cooncat for your responses. Maybe this cruise I can leave the swimming noodles behind. But 5 feet might still be too much for my DS (9) so I might still bring one for him.

Yay! No salt water and treading for me. I'm so excited!

• 1 year later...

i am going on the oasis in july

i always look for the quietest lounge chair near a pool

which area/ pool would you suggest

thanks

lou

Sports Pool

036.jpg

037.jpg

Beach Pool

054.jpg

Main Pool

043.jpg

Pool area in H2O Zone

449.jpg

Solarium Pool

067.jpg

We will be spending all our sea days at the "beach Pool". DH likes to have an umbrella and I want my sun so we will finally be able to spend all day on a ship together. He will sit by the pool all day as long as he has shade. So we will be at the pool very early so we can pick out the spot we want to veg at all day.

Archived