Can't walk in a straight line after cruise...

bassspanker

No, I'm not hung over. I just got back from a 7 day Mexico cruise yesterday, and both my wife & I feel like our equillibrium is messed up. It feels like we're still on the ship & the ground is swaying back & forth. This is our second cruise, and I'm just now remembering that I felt the same thing last time.

Does this happen to everybody? I'm wondering if there is a real medical explanation, or if it's just psychological. Maybe it's my body's way of saying it still wants to be on the ocean...

Just curious.

Ah, "sea legs". DH usually gets it a little worse than I do. Our first cruise, we were definitely feeling it for a couple of days. But on our last cruise (which was 5 days longer than our previous ones) we didn't experience it at all. But that cruise was really port-intensive, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Also... I found that we only got the sea legs after the cruise was over. When we got off at the ports, we were fine!

Archived