New Jersey/NYC to Bermuda?

jerseygirl45

Hi CC,

I'm trying to decide which cruise line to focus on for our Bermuda trip from Jersey. We're looking at Sept or Oct(2011),no more than 7 days and we're not picky when it comes to cabin choice.

If anyone has any suggestions or experiences that could share with me,I would greatly appreciate it..

Thanks

I've sailed on both of these ships & each one has things to recommend it. I just sailed the Dawn to Bermuda because of the 7-day itinerary. The demographic is younger on the Dawn, too. Food was very good I thought. I actually think it's easier to sail out of NYC although I live in NJ - we drive to the pier & just park the car. It's very walkable.

EOS is an amazing ship - I absolutely love her, especially the Cafe Promenade where we spent every night after the shows. Assigned dining rather than Freestyle - I have to say I liked the food on the Dawn better though. But the service was top notch. If you park at the Bayonne pier, you have to take a shuttle - NYC is a little more convenient.

I don't think you can go wrong with either ship. I'd choose by how long you want to cruise for. I wanted the full 7 days of cruising, so I opted for NCL. My daughter did the 5-day EOS cruise to Bermuda & had a wonderful time, too.

good luck with your planning.

jerseygirl45,

Hi. Which of our 21 are ya in? Counties..that is ;)

NJ is getting a magnificent ship. Celebrity is going to Home Port a new one in the City of Bayonne, Hudson County.

One distinct advantage we have on so many areas .. yes the Competitive Rates we are able to obtain on anything..

Our Garden State as you well know has no Sales tax on Clothes nor Shoes. A 3 1/2 Sales tax Rate in many areas..

No Deposits on Bottles, Cans nor containers..

One of the Lowest Rates on Petrol in all the nation if not the lowest a lot of the time...

So much more too.

What you may want as we do is to put your choice of cruise lines out to bid. We get the best rates and cost basis possible.

Using a Travel Agency is great with price match. Make sure it is at least ASTA Member. Why? They have to post a 1/2 million us dollar bond to be in it. So yes you know they will not be gone the next day ..next week after you book and/or set off on your cruise...;)

What ever you choose tell us all the news and then once back your views.

Trying different cruise lines is vital to see for yourselves what is done, given, shared, prepared and promised... that way each one has things slightly different than the next...ships also crews... but that's in any and most things it is the

Training which sets the example for the staff to follow..:D

Hi CC,

I'm trying to decide which cruise line to focus on for our Bermuda trip from Jersey. We're looking at Sept or Oct(2011),no more than 7 days and we're not picky when it comes to cabin choice.

If anyone has any suggestions or experiences that could share with me,I would greatly appreciate it..

Thanks

Also consider HAL's Veendam. The smaller ship stops at St. Georges (tender required) and Hamilton. A very different experience than being tied up at the Dockyard. It also spends more time in Bermuda than other cruise lines.

jerseygirl45,

Hi!

Awesome ! I-78 really opened it up ..even MRK :NYSE is there in Whitehouse. The ex Chairman of Merck lives here now, where also President Nixon resided with his wife Pat when they both passed away.

Consider HAL they even have schools in different countries for there staff. They used to go from NYC as well the City of Hoboken to Bermuda all the time. Maybe they will bring back there HQ to NYC/NJ ...( HOPE, was a Hospital Ship )... did you ever see her moored ?;)

Hi AAAAmerican,

I'm in Somerset County

Thanks for all the info. I might look at the Dawn going out of NYC..

Hey, jerseygirl, we've been on the Dawn out of NYC 4 times (5th time coming up in 28 days!). You can't go wrong. We absolutely LOVE the Dawn and our favorite destination is Bermuda. There is nothing like sailing past the NYC skyline and Lady Liberty. You'll have a blast!

Also consider HAL's Veendam. The smaller ship stops at St. Georges (tender required) and Hamilton. A very different experience than being tied up at the Dockyard. It also spends more time in Bermuda than other cruise lines.[/q

Actually it really only spends an extra half day, look at the itinerary.

We went on the NCL Dawn in April--enjoyed it so much we are going again on May 30th. Great crew! wonderful entertainment. Variety of food venues--no complaints about the food from us. We love NCL

Dawn will be leaving out of Boston next year. NCL Gem will take her place in NYC. We have been on both and highly recommend either. (Dawn is my absolute fav but she'll be in MA.)

Dawn will be leaving out of Boston next year. NCL Gem will take her place in NYC. We have been on both and highly recommend either. (Dawn is my absolute fav but she'll be in MA.)

Yep, and with the cabin we want being nearly $2,000 less in MA than NYC, I think we'll drive those extra hours.... :)

Have you considered the Celebrity Summit from Bayonne. 7 days to Bermuda. that would be my choice. Explorer of the Seas, or one of the HAL ships would be my second choice. NCL would be my last choice because the casual, freestyle atmosphere is a huge turn-off for me (and, now all the other cruiselines offer some type of anytime dining.)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived