Under 2 Zoo on the NCL Sky?

elephant98

I've read a couple threads mentioning that some NCL ships have an "under 2 zoo" which is basically a non-supervised, designated room with various toys to entertain children under 2. Is there such a room on the Sky? If so, where is it located and what types of toys did you see there?

Thanks in advance. (I'll post this in the family forum too).

(bump)

Anyone?

Ah, well. Seeing as I will be on the ship in two days, I will know the answer soon enough. I was going to pack some toys anyways. When I return I will post the answer to my own question in case it might be of interest to anyone else.

I got back from the Sky yesterday and can confirm that they do offer the "under 2 zoo" onboard. From what I could tell from reading the Freestyle Daily, if you go to the Kids Korner located on Deck 7 forward during designated time periods you can have access to age appropriate toys. Unfortunately, the listed times for our cruise -- 9:30 am to 12:30 pm, I believe -- were not good for us. So, we never made it there when they were open. I dropped by the Kids Korner one morning before 9 am and really couldn't see much. It was basically a big open room and all the toys were apparently locked behind closed cabinet doors. There was nothing to see.

• 4 months later...

They did have the zoo under 2 but it sucked!!! They booked the room out for a private function (some type of travel agent software training) at the same scheduled zoo time. After the travel agent folks told us that the room was reserved and not to enter, we talked to the manager of the spa (the spa is located very close to the zoo area). The spa manager called another manager to see were the zoo was relocated or rescheduled. They told us that the zoo was still taking place and that the toys were located in a small section of the same room (the port side seating area). So we went back into the "reserved room" and headed left as instructed. As instructed, the toys were layed out and we let our son play for a little bit. After a few minutes we started packing up to leave, because we didn't feel welcomed there at all, when someone from the travel agent group came over and rudely asked us to leave. My wife exchanged a few words with the travel agent lady. We ended up taking a few toys to our cabin (after informing the receipton desk of the same and a few service issues that we encountered).

Archived