Dream compensation

Hi, has anyone had a compensation offer after the Dreams 22nd April cruise. I e mailed our complaints on our return and have had a phone call from Thomson s this afternoon offering us £240. Having paid £236 for the AI package(which was a joke) I declined the offer. She said she would speak to her manager and get back to me. She rang back and said they were having a meeting tomorrow to decide what percentage of the AI package they would refund. Will let you know what the next offer is.

sorry I wasn't very clear, I'm new to Cruise Critic. We had many complaints like lots of others on the first cruise and feel that the £240 offered was not enough.

No need to apologise

Are you willing to share your other complaints?

hi, we booked this our first cruise in Nov last year and were told we could expect 5 star treatment on Thomsons brand new flag ship and as it was the maiden voyage would be something really special!

On arrival at Palma to board the ship it was absolute chaos,lots of coaches arriving at the same time. Waited for over an hour to board only to discover it wasn't a brand new ship at all.

Our cabin was nice enough but took 2 days and lots of asking before we had any clothes hangers. the bathroom was tatty and needed updating. After showering the water did not drain away leaving Hubby to stand in my water whilst he showered. We actually had hot water some of the time, others were not so fortunate.

Aircon didn't work in the cabin , it was 80 degrees for 2 nights (couldn't sleep) and freezing the last 3 nights.

There was a stomach churning sewerage smell around a lot of the public areas.

The queues were endless in the Andromeda restaurants, the food was lukewarm and served on plastic plates. Coffee/tea was served in kiddies coloured plastic beakers. we're both capable of using real crockery!

There was leaking ceilings and wet smelly carpets in some of the corriders.

On the first day we could sunbathe we had to move as black soot was coming from the ships funnel covering the sunbeds.

Restaurants were closed and there was a distinct lack of staff. We waited over half an hour for a drink. The AI package we paid for was terrible hardly any choice.

We were so disappointed as we were really looking forward to the cruising experience.

Archived