L Cabin Zuiderdam?

maxmia

Hi, Has anyone stayed in a L cabin on the Zuiderdam, can you move in it,

We have just been allocated 5001, seems a long way from everything. Just curious. Thanks for any replies.:confused:

If you've been "allotted" a room, I guess you must have purchased an inside guarantee cabin, rather than picking a cabin by location/number.

Unfortunately, it's usually impossible to change a guarantee assignment. Sorry, but the risk of a less desirable cabin goes hand in hand with the possibility of a great upgrade. It *may* be possible to pay for an upgrade to a higher category - an outside or verandah.

But, if you're in a category L cabin, perhaps the number is 5010? Cabin 5001 is a superior suite (category SY): the kind of upgrade people dream of!

If you've been "allotted" a room, I guess you must have purchased an inside guarantee cabin, rather than picking a cabin by location/number.

Unfortunately, it's usually impossible to change a guarantee assignment. Sorry, but the risk of a less desirable cabin goes hand in hand with the possibility of a great upgrade. It *may* be possible to pay for an upgrade to a higher category - an outside or verandah.

But, if you're in a category L cabin, perhaps the number is 5010? Cabin 5001 is a superior suite (category SY): the kind of upgrade people dream of![/quote

Must be the dyslexia kicking in, should have said L5005, and we did book a Guarantee MM inside, as its only a 7 night cruise, and we don't mine inside rooms.The thing I am concerned about is the distance from elevators and outside deck etc. but I guess the walk will do us good. Still would like to her from anyone who has stayed in one please.

Looks like it's a "sideways" room, meaning that it's long dimension is longwise with the ship rather than crosswise. The sideways roooms are usually larger than the more normal configuation and the deck plan picture I checked shows that it has a sitting area, which is a nice improvement over the MM I stayed in on Oosterdam which had only a chair, no couch.

Joanie has posted a lot of pictures of HAL rooms. Check her thread up front under the Sticky notes at the beginning of the HAL page.

Although L5005 is way up front, it isn't far from the forward elevators.

RMLincon, Thank you for your input, we are first time HAL cruisers, so we don't know the HAL ships. Previously only cruised in the South Pacific and Asia this is going to be Alaska.

It is such a long way for us to travel to do a cruise like this, and we are hoping it will be everything the CC have said about it. I just read on a CC board that the L cabins are like closets, I hope that is not the case. Small is OK, we don't spend a lot of time in the cabin, but we don't want to be falling over each other.

I think you'll be fine even if it's a standard inside configuration, which are 185 sq ft, hardly a closet.

Also, if the beds are set up as twins it feels bigger. DH and I keep it as a double and honestly there's not a lot of room but it's enough. There will be at least a chair with a small table and a stool under the vanity, plus a refrigerator/minibar with some extra room to add your water bottles. The closets will be quite ample with shelves that can be folded down or set as shelves whichever works best for you, very accomodating. There will be a fruit basket and small form in it to fill out to request which fruits you prefer and it will be filled automaticaly by your room steward. Even in an MM they will treat you very well. Whatever the configuation of the L room it will nice. And the ship will be elegant with a high quality crew and excellent food. I hope you'll have a great cruise.

MM guarantee rates allow us to be able to cruise more than we would if we had to pay the higher prices and we're just happy to be aboard and my guess is that you will love be aboard too:):)

Maureen

Thank your again for your reply, we have booked inside before on some cruises, and never had a problem, but I have read on this board that the sideways cabins on Vista are a disaster. You have now put my mind at rest. Thank You again. I will post a report when we return to Australia.;)

Archived