Iditarod Tees

tpbf

I understand that in Alaska folks wear shirts with faces or names or numbers of the people who race in the Iditarod. Just like everyone here in Philadelphia owns a number 5 Eagles jersey (boo hoo).

Where would you buy these shirts? Army/Navy? Department stores?

Don't want to spend much time shopping, but these would be great gifts for teens at home. (Even if they set you back $50+, just like Donovan!!).

Adri204 - Great link! Love those tees! Do you know if they sell those at the Iditarod Hdqts. in Wasilla? We're planning on stopping there in July on our way back to Anchorage from Denali. I'd love to have one for a souvenir for myself! :)

Numbers and mushers change every year. Any t-shirts with name and number (I haven't seen any, at least not for a while) are most likely made by individual mushers after the bib#s have been drawn and are sold by them as their own fundraiser.

Adri204 - Great link! Love those tees! Do you know if they sell those at the Iditarod Hdqts. in Wasilla? We're planning on stopping there in July on our way back to Anchorage from Denali. I'd love to have one for a souvenir for myself! :)

Im not sure what would be in stock or not.

http://www.iditarod.com/aboutus/headquarters.html

Here is the link to the iditarod headquarters place and you could check that out. I hope you enjoy my beatiful state :)

Adri

I thought the choice of T shirts in Alaska was very poor and every port had the same thing...Was surprised at the lack of Deadliest Catch T's...

That tends to happen in Ports. But going from say Fairbanks which is interior down this way and on to Anchorage will be differnt selections for differnt interests.

Adri :)

It helps to be creatie when seeking original t-shirts in Alaska. Some of the feed and pet stores that sell to mushers sell their fundraising t-shirts.

I've found some in grocery stores, restaurants and road houses that are at least printed in the US and often in Alaska.

It helps to be creatie when seeking original t-shirts in Alaska. Some of the feed and pet stores that sell to mushers sell their fundraising t-shirts.

I've found some in grocery stores, restaurants and road houses that are at least printed in the US and often in Alaska.

I'll try to be more creative next time..It was my first trip so any info. is appreciated..especially when the ports are all we will probably have access to..

To make up for some of your disappointment have you GOOGLEd to try to find online sellers? Have you done a search on Amazon.com?

Shh ! I can only buy them in person...;)

Archived