Swimming with a sealion

acruisingpeach23

Has anyone done this shore excurision?

I think it looks so exciting

Im in love with sea lions as they remind me of my two dogs lol

I would like your input bad and good

Thank you :)

We've done it twice. Once just my SO and I, and once with my grandson. We had a ball. Trainers are great, the animals are friendly and the antics are hilarious.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Having done only the beach day at Blue Lagoon Island and not either of their animal encounters, I'd love the chance to go back and do both the dolphin and sea lion encounters! After seeing the island, the animals and meeting their staff I can say that it would be something I'd want to do if we have the chance to go back to Nassau! I loved the sealions (and the dolphins too, but I knew I would before we went) from the moment I saw them! They were really funny and playful when we were watching them from the dock! Hope you have a blast!!!

My DD and I did this excursion about 2yrs ago. I booked it on my own and had a great time. We had already swam w/ the dolphins and thought we would try this. It was a great. Only us, had great interactions, and even got to see a new baby. My DD loved it , lots of great pics and good memories. The trainers really seem to love their animals. Went over on the boat w/ the dolphin swimmers and then sent to our side. The sea lions were fun and playful. Have fun!

What cute pictures! Were you allowed to take your own or did you have to buy them? We were allowed to use a camera during our dolphin encounter (although I bought some too) but I thought I read somewhere that cameras aren't allowed during the sea lion encounters. That would be a bummer. The sea lions look like so much fun.

We had our underwater camera with us for the dolphins but we were NOT allowed to have anything in the water with the sea lions. In fact, we couldn't wear our water shoes and we couldn't wear sunglasses either with the sea lions. That was the only part of the excursion that I didn't like :(

We had our underwater camera with us for the dolphins but we were NOT allowed to have anything in the water with the sea lions. In fact, we couldn't wear our water shoes and we couldn't wear sunglasses either with the sea lions. That was the only part of the excursion that I didn't like :(

That's too bad. I wonder why there are restrictions on sunglasses. Is it because the sea lions try to play with them? After our dolphin encounter we walked over to the sea lion area and a couple of sea lions had found a soda can and were playing with it. We told one of the trainers so they could take it away. We didn't want them to cut their mouths on the can.

Thanks for the info and pictures. I am really interested in doing the Sea Lion Encounter (Swam with the Dolphins already). I see on their website you can snorkel for $15? Do you know anything about this? I am with a group of 4 and the other 3 want to snorkel. Did you book directly through the Blue Lagoon website or through the cruise line? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

The sea lions sound like so much fun. My 10 year old nephew wants to try this. Love your pictures. How much did they charge for the pictures?

I am cruising on NCL in July with 2 adults and 1 10-year old and 1 10-month old. I would love to do this sea lion excursion myself, but since we have a 10-month old, I guess I will stay onboard with the 10-month old and let my niece go with her 10-year old son.

Has anyone done the sea lion encounter that had a baby with them? I know the baby can't do the encounter, but the adults could take turns doing the encounter and watching a baby.

I was reading on the NCL website for one of the dolphin encounters that there was no charge for someone under the age of 3 as long as they were with a full paying adult. Do they have the same thing for the sea lions?

Any info will be appreciated.

The sea lions sound like so much fun. My 10 year old nephew wants to try this. Love your pictures. How much did they charge for the pictures?

I am cruising on NCL in July with 2 adults and 1 10-year old and 1 10-month old. I would love to do this sea lion excursion myself, but since we have a 10-month old, I guess I will stay onboard with the 10-month old and let my niece go with her 10-year old son.

Has anyone done the sea lion encounter that had a baby with them? I know the baby can't do the encounter, but the adults could take turns doing the encounter and watching a baby.

I was reading on the NCL website for one of the dolphin encounters that there was no charge for someone under the age of 3 as long as they were with a full paying adult. Do they have the same thing for the sea lions?

Any info will be appreciated.

I don't think so.. the sea lions are set up a bit different than the Dolphins.. Children under 8 or under 48 inches are not allowed. You could, however, get a beach or observer pass.. and be an onlooker.

Here's a link to the policy.

http://www.dolphinencounters.com/programs-lionrules.php

Archived