Skagway to Haines

RobC1116

We are going to be in Skagway on Sunday, June 6, from 7 am until 8 pm, and I am considering a hike up Mt. Riley from Haines. There are organized excursions, but I feel this is something we could do on our own, if we can get a fast ferry to Haines. However, I can't seem to find any company that does this route on that day, with a ferry over to Haines in the mid-morning and a ferry back in the very late afternoon. Any advice/help would be most appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

According to the fast ferry schedule, on Sunday, June 6 it will be leaving Skagway at 10:30 a.m. The return ferry will leave Haines at 4:10 p.m.

Daily Schedule Haines-Skagway Fast Ferry

That should give you nearly 5 hours in Haines. The ferry ride only takes about 45 minutes. But I would suggest calling their toll-free number,

1-888-766-2103

to confirm the times.

Be sure to book the round trip to ensure that they will have room for you on the return because they sometimes sell out. It is a very nice scenic ferry ride, if the weather cooperates.

We have been lucky, with just two people, waiting until we got to Skagway to see what the weather was like and then calling them early that morning to book our round trip reservations. Since you are planning to go hiking, you may want to do that also. If you check with them a day or two in advance, they may be able to give you an idea of how full the boat will be on June 6.

Archived