Booking on Last Minute Travel--Sooner or Later?

Need to book a pre-cruise hotel for our late July visit to Miami. Don't want to use Priceline as we have 4 in our party. Have been looking at Last Minute Travel and Easy Click Travel. See relatively good deals for downtown hotels (as compared to the prices on their websites) but nothing like some of the deals I hear that people talk about on this site (such as $84 for Intercontinental, $65 for Marriott Biscayne Bay). The prices I've seen are about twice those rates, which is a little surprising since I wouldn't think the summer would be high season.

So, my question is, do the rates on sites such as those above go down the closer we get to the date needed? Would it be better to book now or wait a while?

Any help would be appreciated.

I used Last Minute Travel for a 1-night pre-cruise stay in Miami for our upcoming cruise in July. I selected Downtown Miami and 5-star. The $87.00 rate got me the Intercontinental which is what i was looking for. This was much easier than Priceline or EasyClick.

Need to book a pre-cruise hotel for our late July visit to Miami. Don't want to use Priceline as we have 4 in our party. Have been looking at Last Minute Travel and Easy Click Travel. See relatively good deals for downtown hotels (as compared to the prices on their websites) but nothing like some of the deals I hear that people talk about on this site (such as $84 for Intercontinental, $65 for Marriott Biscayne Bay). The prices I've seen are about twice those rates, which is a little surprising since I wouldn't think the summer would be high season.

So, my question is, do the rates on sites such as those above go down the closer we get to the date needed? Would it be better to book now or wait a while?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi. I assume you are looking for a room for July 31st? I checked Last Minute Travel and they have the InterContinental for $86.97 for that night. It doesn't list the name of the hotel. Put in 5* - Downtown Area. It will say next to Bayside Marketplace and has 34 floors. I have used Easy Click Travel in the past also with no problems.

Archived