Barcelona - Hotel with gym?

dirtgirl

Now, I am sure that most of you will laugh at me here :p, but I am a fitness fanatic, and won't stay at a hotel without a gym.:o Ater flying to Barcelona from Vancouver, I will be itching for a workout, too.;)

Has anyone stayed at a hotel with a gym? I am looking for a 3-4* type of place, located near the Gothic Quarter/Las Ramblas area. I need cardio (elliptical preferred) and weights. I've seen a few places on Trip Advisor, but was hoping for some personal insight.

Fellow fitness freaks will understand!:D

Check out Hotel 1898. We loved it so much in 2007 went back in 2009. There is a small gym but it has free weights and a few machines. Tripadvisor has some pictures that show some equipment. It also has two pools. One is indoors and the other is a lovely rooftop pool. It is on Las Ramblas and every morning I would run down Las Ramblas to the waterfront and run along the water.

When we return to Barcelona we will be staying there again.

Check out Hotel 1898. We loved it so much in 2007 went back in 2009. There is a small gym but it has free weights and a few machines. Tripadvisor has some pictures that show some equipment. It also has two pools. One is indoors and the other is a lovely rooftop pool. It is on Las Ramblas and every morning I would run down Las Ramblas to the waterfront and run along the water.

When we return to Barcelona we will be staying there again.

Thank you - that is one of the places I was looking at. ;)

Does anyone recommend the Hotel Barcelona Universal? The price is good, has free WiFi, and a small gym. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any weights, but I will bring a resistance band with me.

If you want an awesome hotel gym -- check out the new W Hotel.

It has one of the most complete hotel gyms I have ever seen and everything brand new. It could be a full-fledged gym and charge admission.

Barcelona has some great gyms all over downtown. Buy a day pass to one of them if your hotel doesn't offer a complimentary voucher.

Check out www.arsenaldeportivo.com They have some wonderful gyms all over Barcelona -- some mixed-six, some only women and some only men.

Other major chains are Holmes Place (the Balmes facility is very central), Metropolitan.

Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Sandm your photos look wonderful. I am thinking about staying at the hotel 1898 and splurging on the colonial suite. All I really want is a nice terrace with a view. Your terrace looked quite nice, should i reconsider the splurge?

lilnemo, The terrace was lovely but if you can swing the Colonial I would do that in a heart beat. Next visit we hope to book one of their Colonial Suites.

Our terrace was very large with a bed and table and plenty of room left over. There was not really a view though. The walls were high so we couldn't see over them. The most beautiful views were from the rooftop terrace.

Our first sty we had a superior room with no terrace and spent our evenings up on the rooftop terrace with several bottles of wine. This time we enjoyed our private terrace. The pictures on their website show the Colonial terrace with the pool and a wall that you can look through so you get both the terrace and the view. Enjoy your stay. It is one of our favorite hotels.

Archived