Question about Princess Guarantee Policy

wg6530

I have not been on Princess for a while, and I hope somebody can tell me about their guarantee policies.

I just booked a Diamond Princess cruise for next month. I got a decent pricebreak for going gty on an obstructed outside cabin. I got my assignment today, and is neither the best nor the worst of the obstructed cabins. I got what I paid for, and I am NOT complaining about the assignment. But if an obstructed cabin (between boats) in my category or lower comes available, is Princess apt to let me switch? If so, I'll watch availability. If not, no problem; I won't even look.

RCI tends to allows such a switch once per gty reservation. NCL does not seem to allow gty to swap cabins. What about Princess?

I have not been on Princess for a while, and I hope somebody can tell me about their guarantee policies.

I just booked a Diamond Princess cruise for next month. I got a decent pricebreak for going gty on an obstructed outside cabin. I got my assignment today, and is neither the best nor the worst of the obstructed cabins. I got what I paid for, and I am NOT complaining about the assignment. But if an obstructed cabin (between boats) in my category or lower comes available, is Princess apt to let me switch? If so, I'll watch availability. If not, no problem; I won't even look.

RCI tends to allows such a switch once per gty reservation. NCL does not seem to allow gty to swap cabins. What about Princess?

Its doubtful the cabin will change again.

Hi, I booked a inside guarantee and got "upgraded" to a higher level inside. It was quite forward so I asked my travel agent if she could change it to a different available cabin in the new category. No problems. I am now midship. Never hurts to ask!

Whoo-hoo. It worked. Just this morning a better cabin appeared in our exact category. Via TA, Princess switched us to the new cabin. Still obstructed, but less than before. I feel very fortunate. Thank you all for encouraging me to call.

Archived