Jewel - Room 8576, How Obstructed?

Josiepug

We have booked stateroom 8576 on the Jewel with an Obstructed view, anyone stay there? How much can you actually see out - I know it varies. From the deckplan it show the room as situated between 2 lifeboats rather than directly in front of them. Thanks!

We have booked stateroom 8576 on the Jewel with an Obstructed view, anyone stay there? How much can you actually see out - I know it varies. From the deckplan it show the room as situated between 2 lifeboats rather than directly in front of them. Thanks!

I'll check later for sure, I can't remember if we were in 8076 8576, 8075. Any way we have two oblong port holes. The obstruction was the devcies (can't think of what theyare called) which held the life boats. I could see daylight (which was what I wanted) and some of the sea & sky.

ENJOY your trip the Jewel and staff are wonderful. Please tell John O'Hara Debbie & Joe said hello. (former cc name was panamacruisin)

We were in cabin 8588 a few weeks ago and the view was almost fully obstructed but still fine to see the weather and get some light in. Deck 8 is a perfect location for convenience and you will like it a lot.

Ourcabin was at the end of a hall near the Blue Lagoon with a room called a Crew Locker next to it and some nights they were in there crashing around at 3 a.m. and woke us up more than once. It must be for storage as sounded like they were moving, or I should say dragging stuff around.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I can tell you about 8066. Terrific for several reasons. It is the only cabin in this short hallway almost mid ship. The room was a sideways cabin which gave us a little more room because you walk right into the room with space between the wall and foot of the bed. The window is obstructed with a lifeboat but the lifeboat doors were in the center of the window so we saw straight through to the sea. Only problem, during the day, crew is walking about so don't walk around w/o clothes but I felt we had more room than the usual obstructed. The cabin is across the service elevator but never a problem.

Location is great because you are short walk to the Blue Lagoon for breakfast and only 2 floors from the dining room and 1 more the theatre.

Enjoy the cruise.

Sue

Archived