S.S. Scythia

Seachase20

S.S. Scythia, April 1945

Please could someone help me find or tell me where I should look for the passenger manifest for an April 1945 crossing from Southampton to Halifax? Unfortunately, Cunard no longer have the passenger manifests from that far back.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

S.S. Scythia, April 1945

Please could someone help me find or tell me where I should look for the passenger manifest for an April 1945 crossing from Southampton to Halifax? Unfortunately, Cunard no longer have the passenger manifests from that far back.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Seachase, have you researched the following website?

http://www.gjenvick.com/CunardLine/PassengerLists/1945-1954-Westbound.html

Salacia

The Pier 21 museum in Halifax may be of help. I know they do not have all passenger lists, but they do have extensive records of many arrivals. My mother and her family emigrated to Canada from Belfast in December, 1929. We took her into the resource centre at Pier 21 and, although Mum couldn't remember the name of the ship, she knew the approximate date and the staff found the ship in their files. They printed out the immigration files and provided a photo of the ship for a modest fee.

From some information I found thanks to Google, it appears the Scythia was being used to transport war brides at the time you are interested in.

If the Pier 21 staff do not have the information you want, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

http://www.pier21.ca/

The Pier 21 museum in Halifax may be of help. I know they do not have all passenger lists, but they do have extensive records of many arrivals. My mother and her family emigrated to Canada from Belfast in December, 1929. We took her into the resource centre at Pier 21 and, although Mum couldn't remember the name of the ship, she knew the approximate date and the staff found the ship in their files. They printed out the immigration files and provided a photo of the ship for a modest fee.

From some information I found thanks to Google, it appears the Scythia was being used to transport war brides at the time you are interested in.

If the Pier 21 staff do not have the information you want, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

http://www.pier21.ca/

Thanks so much, a great suggestion!

Archived