Buffet set-up questions/Legend

avril4111

I have cruised with RC twice, but have booked the Legend for November. Is the buffet set up like one long cafeteria line, or are there stations? And are there really trays (or are people kidding on the other thread)? The lines were never a big deal on FOS- I'm a little nervous about the lines mentioned on Carnival. Please reassure me!!!

thank you- it will appear that I posted twice, but it's my bad computer skills. I tried to edit my daughter's signature(no luck), and thought this 1st post disappeared. Shows my age! Stations sound good and the trays will help with the drinks and silverware.

If you can eat in the MDR, then do so, I love dining for lunch in there, and they do have on the menu make your own burger, so the kids will get to "make their own" with someone else bringing it. Check out menus on the Carnival page. As far as the lido on the legend, use your imagination, and walk towards the back of the ship.......from the pool. On the left side, right at the end of the pool area is burgers, dogs, and chicken tenders, slip inside go about 40 feet, there is the "taste of the day", mexican, french, italian, indian, etc. walk past that, and on your right going towards the center of the ship is the "carving" or hot lunch/dinner, in the middle of the ship is dessert(everything should be around dessert any way) and walking past the dessert, is the deli, walk past the deli, and start walking up to the front of the ship and you come to the mongolian or asian station, keep going and you walk back out to another burger area. Now lets walk back to desserts, and look at the back of the lido room, there you have salad fixings on your left, and pizza on your right. and between you and the back is the drink station, so yes, pick up a tray and dig in. We only ate at the lido 4 times, embarkation day, our day in Cozumel, when we got back late and had a late lunch, indian day in the Cayman islands(love indian food) and DH just had to have a bagel one morning after he had already had breakfast(be it small)from room service. We prefer sitting down and having someone serve us, after all it's our vacation.

That said, food was OK, burgers were great, but when you've got a lot of people with you all wanting different stuff, it's hard to do that, find a table, and sit down and eat all at the same time. Enjoy the Legend, she's a wonderful ship!:)

Archived