Has anyone ever....?

Ykgorbie

My friend in a 9C aft wrap got one about a week and a half before the cruise left we were on last week. Sold out forever in advance, then one opened up briefly during the upsell process (someone gave up a 9C to move to a suite??!!)

got a price drop when booked in an AFT cabin ? We're booked in an 8M on the Freedom October 9th....just wondering.

:cool:I received an email from my PVP and took advantage of a sale two weeks ago, and ended up with a 8M on the empress Aft Balcony. Not even realizing the fantasy class ships had regular balcony cabins. He was able to get me in one when I told him w/o a Balcony would be a deal breaker.:D

We booked an Aft Wrap (4228) on the Spirit in June of 2009 for upcoming cruise in August 2010. Paid 1719. pp in July of 2009 it dropped to $1589. then used my welcome back credit of $50 for price of $1539. At the time we booked, these cabins were still just called Cat. 11 suites. Later they changed to a Vista Suite and of course the Category is sold out, so no more price drops :( But thanks to my cruise buddy, who checks prices everyday, I was able to save $180.00 pp. :p

We booked an Aft Wrap (4228) on the Spirit in June of 2009 for upcoming cruise in August 2010. Paid 1719. pp in July of 2009 it dropped to $1589. then used my welcome back credit of $50 for price of $1539. At the time we booked, these cabins were still just called Cat. 11 suites. Later they changed to a Vista Suite and of course the Category is sold out, so no more price drops :( But thanks to my cruise buddy, who checks prices everyday, I was able to save $180.00 pp. :p

You have one of the best rooms on the Spirit!

On my last Triumph cruise I had an aft, corner, O/V. Worse cabin that I ever had by the way. By the time I cruised the price drops equaled the single supplement. Made for a nice OBC.

Why was the cabin so bad?

I did a B2B before Traveler353 got on the ship and I had the 6D before he had it. I had a even worse one, at least he had the large corner one. I had one of the two middle ones across the back.

Why did I think it wasnt worth what I paid ... first they changed the category to 8B before I got on the ship, and I had bought thru a nonrefundable TA. I had the chance for a balcony for $40 I think, but we prefer (usually) OVs on Conquest class because they are larger inside.

So, I walk into the cabin, and its way too small, no way is it the size of OV. All the other OVs across the back of Triumph are full sized except the two right in the middle. Our TV was moved to the middle of the cabin, not in the corner of the room with storage and stuff under it. Just hung right in the middle of the wall.

Closets, one door did not even open, I guess it was fake. One shelf and almost no space to hang up clothes. Hangers broke, but that could be anywhere.

So, we go to sleep the first night, not terrible... until we hit the mouth of the mississippi. The ship shook so hard, I thought it was broke. of course it woke me up for an hour with the shaking from the stablizers. Iv been aft on other ships, but nothing like this on Triumph.

Oh yea.. while Im noting the things wrong ...the window slanted downward, and if that wasnt bad enough, not having window facing outward ... it was set way back, id say 2 feet back, like the port hole cabins, except further back. I had pictures, but stupid me reformatted without saving my cruise cabins pictures.

I had paid to upgrade to a OV too..!!!! When Traveler353 got on and we meet at the first sailaway, I told him he better hope that the ship didnt shake as bad as it did on us, it was terrible...I guess he agreed, the ship shaking was "that bad" on Triumph across the back.

I booked Early Saver on an aft wrap and the adjoining 8M on Pride. We've gotten OBC due to drops in rates a couple of times on each - Senior & Past Guest on the 8M, Past guest and then Military on the VS.

We just returned from the May 9th sailing on the pride. We booked room 5299 an aft cabin around Jan/Feb. I watched prices like a hawk for a price drop. For our particular cruise the prices went up by about 200 bucks and then about 3 weeks out they dropped and kept dropping. Within three or so days i sent in 3 price drop requests and we ended up with a $200/person drop. I would definately book again at an early saver price. That $400 of OBC definately came in handy!

The cabin itself was great, largest and best appointed that I have had. However it was located above an engineering space that was having some major problems. 24/7 constant noise and vibration. I had to stuff all the closet doors and drawers with towels to keep them from opening up and making a racket all the time. I have no one to blame but myself. I broke my own rule about cabins below and cabins above. In Carnivals defense they did offer to move to me to the only available cabin, an inside 1A. I declined. After I got back I contacted my PVP and received a very good refund to my card.

The cabin itself was great, largest and best appointed that I have had. However it was located above an engineering space that was having some major problems. 24/7 constant noise and vibration. I had to stuff all the closet doors and drawers with towels to keep them from opening up and making a racket all the time. I have no one to blame but myself. I broke my own rule about cabins below and cabins above. In Carnivals defense they did offer to move to me to the only available cabin, an inside 1A. I declined. After I got back I contacted my PVP and received a very good refund to my card.

Wow, I should have contacted Carnival myself then ... because Iv never been in a cabin that shook that bad either. You and I were on Main, so I assumed with cabins on Riveria that would be ok, but the cabins on Riveria on that ship dont go quite as far aft.

I called the TA knowing I had about 250 dollars to pay off on the cruise. Boy was I surprised when the TA told me it was paid off. I was sure there was a mistake, and I printed my docs right away at work just to make sure.

What made this even better was I was booked in a regular balcony, and the TA calle me several months before the cruise with an opportunity to upgrade to the AFT at no extra cost!! She just wanted to check to with me first.

Archived