Electric Outlets on Coral

jblbcl

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise and I appreciate all the good information you have shared. I understand that there is only one outlet in the cabin and one in the bathroom. Are these outlets two-pronged or three-pronged (grounded)? I will need to take an extension cord for a scooter and want to have one that fits.

Thanks for your help.

We were on the Coral this past Christmas in Handicapped cabin B618. The cabin has an additional outlet (three in total) located in such a way that DW's scooter ccould be plugged in and still leave her room to get into and out of bed. If you have one of these cabins, you'll see what I mean. The other outlet at the writing desk was thus left free for the "usual" uses. Both are three prong grounded standard US outlets. One more reason that scooter users should always book an HC cabin.

Shalom, Andy.

I always bring a power strip and plug it in by the desk. I can walk around, but need a scooter on the ship. I remove my battery and plug it in and leave my scooter between the elevator doors because I have a regular cabin. It's not in anyone's way there and leaves me more room in my cabin. I haven't had any problems doing this.

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise and I appreciate all the good information you have shared. I understand that there is only one outlet in the cabin and one in the bathroom. Are these outlets two-pronged or three-pronged (grounded)? I will need to take an extension cord for a scooter and want to have one that fits.
They are 3-pronged but are very close to each other. The outlet in the bathroom is rated for shavers only. I wouldn't use it although some do. They are taking a chance that they will either trip the circuit breaker or ruin their appliance. Here are photos of the outlet(s) in the cabin and in the bathroom, and one with a small 3:1 outlet strip that I bring. It's probably not good for something requiring a 3-prong but for most things, it works fine, is light and easy to pack.

Outlet3.jpg.9e8a5a4cafa9b7ba3242bf0b9febfcd0.jpg

Outlet1.jpg.c78b59d3bbb2d773720c964422461fd2.jpg

1530983484_MyOutletPlug1.jpg.9ea35394aeb4de458b5f227f9aab82dc.jpg

Archived