Camp Carnival - nap question

prattmom

Are you cruising out of Galveston? We are from the area as well. Our now 3 year old has been on 10 Carnival cruises, he is still a napper and has taken many naps on board during his time in Camp Carnival on port days. We have found that on port days that they usually show a movie after lunch. They give the kids blankets and pillows and they are welcome to nap. Our son has no problem napping in front of the TV even if there are other activities going on. On our last cruise, when we got back on board I went directly to pick him up and he was asleep so the counselor suggested I come back in 45 minutes. He was still asleep then so then she told me to come back in 30 minutes. I did and still had to wake him up, but I felt better doing so knowing that he had a 2 hour nap. The counselors and very nice and willing to work with you.

So, to answer your question, no your SIL doesn't have to come back and get her. However, they will not make the kids take a nap. It's kind of an open invitation to nap, but not a requirement. I guess it just depends on the kid and if you think she will nap if watching a movie or if she will be a toot if she does happen to miss her nap.

Yes, Galveston. Sailing on the Conquest next month! And thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Just wanted to see if it was even a possibility.

Are you cruising out of Galveston? We are from the area as well. Our now 3 year old has been on 10 Carnival cruises, he is still a napper and has taken many naps on board during his time in Camp Carnival on port days. We have found that on port days that they usually show a movie after lunch. They give the kids blankets and pillows and they are welcome to nap. Our son has no problem napping in front of the TV even if there are other activities going on. On our last cruise, when we got back on board I went directly to pick him up and he was asleep so the counselor suggested I come back in 45 minutes. He was still asleep then so then she told me to come back in 30 minutes. I did and still had to wake him up, but I felt better doing so knowing that he had a 2 hour nap. The counselors and very nice and willing to work with you.

So, to answer your question, no your SIL doesn't have to come back and get her. However, they will not make the kids take a nap. It's kind of an open invitation to nap, but not a requirement. I guess it just depends on the kid and if you think she will nap if watching a movie or if she will be a toot if she does happen to miss her nap.

Yes, Galveston. Sailing on the Conquest next month! And thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Just wanted to see if it was even a possibility.

Yes, it's totally possible. I understand that some people are not comfortable with leaving a child on the ship, however, we have never had anything but positive experiences. If you have any other questions about cruising with a 2 year old, just ask.

We've only been on the Conquest once, but we had a great cruise. I'm sure you will too.

I can't imagine going off in port and leaving a two year old on the ship. Maybe I'm getting old.

Me, either, but my MIL and FIL will still be on board if an emergency comes up... and don't even ask why they "can't" watch her :rolleyes:

Yes, it's totally possible. I understand that some people are not comfortable with leaving a child on the ship, however, we have never had anything but positive experiences. If you have any other questions about cruising with a 2 year old, just ask.

We've only been on the Conquest once, but we had a great cruise. I'm sure you will too.

Thanks!

My kids are 5, 10 and 15 so I'm a little out of touch....

Me, either, but my MIL and FIL will still be on board if an emergency comes up... and don't even ask why they "can't" watch her :rolleyes:

Ah - completely different story!

Archived