Do they ALWAYS offer upgrades or upsells???

Would really love a nice suite on Upper Deck but will likely get a Verandah when booking. Just cannot bring myself to reserve for the extra $100 a person.

But I would likely upgrade to the nicer suite if I could get it for a little more. Is there anyway when booking you can express your willingness to upgrade? I would want to improve my upsale chances as much as possible.

Any tricks to get the call or is it truly just random???

How often have you gotten the upsale offers?

My only cruise was 14 years ago. LOVED it and can't believe it's been that long. Really looking forward to planning the next one.

Upsells appear to be random probably based on how full the ship is. I've gotten it once in 7 cruises for the Owner's Suite and it was in October. If you are booking a guarantee I always book on the advice I found on CC..."never book anything less than what you actually want" and you won't be disappointed.

In all of my Carnival cruises I've never been contacted for an upgrade of upsell so I don't have a clue how it works.

I can guarantee that, though, that not everyone gets a call. Best of luck, though!

:)

Iv called upsell myself and they offered full price upgrades, not discounted upsells. Doesnt always work to call them. It ONLY works if they are doing upsells for that cruise in the first place.

Im also out of Galveston mostly, and have yet to receive a upsell. .. never and my PVP says she puts a booking note on my bookings that Id like one. I probably went on more cruises last year than the average person.

I did take a last minute out of New Orleans last week and several on my roll call of 100 said they got calls. One of my other New Orleans cruises also got them ... but not one out of Galveston have I seen people say they got them that Iv been on.

When you book a specific Cabin chances are you will not get upgraded....if you book a fun saver room, chances are you will get a better Catagory room you paid for which means a free upgrade...if you want to go from a OV to a BL or to a Suite those upgrades are rare

alot of people will tell you to not book a room you are not happy with....i follow that advice when i book.. yes it does cost me alittle more... but i know i will be happy with the outcome...I mean i am on Vacation i dont want to be distracted by a poor choice i made..

We asked our PVP why we are never called for an upsell. We were told that because we booked a specific stateroom and our booking was linked to others the assumption that we would not be interested in upgrading because of cabin location.

For my last 2 cruises I've been offered upsales. To me the amount to upgrade was from the balcony to the OS was'nt worth it. It seems when I book a balcony I get an offer. I offered a counter offer and they declined . But I think its just the luck of the draw with these things..

I figure I'm always happy with what I book. So with every upgrade not upsale I can only continue to be happy..

Good Luck!:D

Never received an upsell or upgrade call but I've upgrade on my own several times when I've found price drops. This time we are in a ES so the only place to move up would be the owners suite and after seeing the balcony pics (obstructed) we decided even if it was offered free we wouldn't take it.

What is the difference between an upsell and an upgrade? New to cruising and have three rooms where I want them because we are close together and on same floor. So, is it worth it to me to even try.

Upgrade is a free upgrade in Cabins ....upsell is when you pay at a discounted price... either way it is to get a better cabin ...either location or Catagory room or from a ocean view room to a balcony room or suite...

Archived