Do your research for your flights

I recently booked an IE cruise+stay with Thomson. We normally fly from Gatwick and were offered an accepted flights from Gatwick North.

Leaving at 6ish and returning at 10am.

A few days later I was digging around and worked out that flying from Stansted we'd fly out at 7:30am, but return at 7pm. Thomson has charged me £35 a head to amend the flights, but for me it's worth it as I have almost another whole day at the hotel.

So, the moral of the story is to check out flight times on the Thomson web site before booking anything.

This is true, but its hanging around without a hotel room thrown in that annoys me and knowing when im coming home...i just want to get home.

Just my 2 cents

Understand and each to their own. We've found that nearly all hotels have a holding room and you get another day out of your holiday. In February in Benidorm the last day turned out to be the hottest one of the holiday and was very relaxing.

Understand and each to their own. We've found that nearly all hotels have a holding room and you get another day out of your holiday. In February in Benidorm the last day turned out to be the hottest one of the holiday and was very relaxing.

Annoying isnt it? Sometimes we have no choice with flights though than to get the night ones (especially turkey late summer) when £25 actually seems fair to keep a room on as you'll get the full benefit, especially if there are quite a few of you.

Archived